VICA Members: Contact us for special promo pricing on select courses the week of February 12-16, 2018.
Register two (2) or more people and save even more! You'll pay just $299 for this course. Regular VICA Member price: $359. Public price: $499. Give us a call today! 1-877-847-6471
Isn't it time you got out of email jail? Learn time-tested strategies that have helped thousands master their inbox.
Is your Inbox out of control? Have important tasks been falling through the cracks? Do you find yourself spending too much time looking for things? It’s estimated that Email makes up 90% of business correspondence, making it increasingly important to effectively capture and track business related emails, tasks and commitments.
Who should take this course?
If you use Microsoft Outlook this course is for you!
What will you learn?
This course will teach you strategies you can apply right away to effectively manage email, increase your focus and productivity, and maximize your use of MS Outlook.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Master your Inbox and create a persistent focus on priorities
- Improve overall email management efficiency
- Stay on top of follow-up activities with a proven task management system
- Manage and track task delegation seamlessly
- Learn time-tested strategies to maximize the use of your time
- Understand why we procrastinate and learn techniques to conquer it
- Improve your productivity by making use of Outlook’s most powerful tools
*Make sure to bring your laptop with you and have Outlook software downloaded, installed, and ready to go. Laptops and software will not be provided for attendees. This course is applicable to Microsoft Outlook versions 2010, 2013, 2016.
Introduction and Course Overview
- Identifying personal challenges to achieving optimum productivity
- Setting personal learning objectives
Setting up the Outlook Environment for Increased Productivity
- Changing your default view to immediately increase your focus on results
- Modifying Outlook options to eliminate interruptions
Taming the Email Beast
- Learn the best strategies to master your Inbox
- Convert your emails into tasks, appointments and contacts
- Use Flags and Categories to quickly track down emails
- Create rules that will handle emails for you
- Keep filing simple and effective
- Learn how to find emails quickly by using Outlook’s powerful search tools
Controlling your Schedule (before it controls you)
- Budget your time for best results
- Make time for the important
- Understand how to effectively schedule meetings
- Create recurring events to support your work routines
Staying on track with Outlook Tasks
- Prioritize tasks to achieve your desired outcomes
- Use recurring tasks to stay on top of regular commitments
- Use Categories to manage project tasks
- Learn to let go - managing and tracking delegation with Tasks Requests
Making best use of your Contacts
- Use Contacts to enhance communication
- Track all contact related activities with just one click
- Find contacts quickly with Categories
Developing a realistic action plan
- Set goals that will support your success
- Create a daily plan that fits your reality
Course fee includes: Free access to VICA’s Wi-Fi network, lunch, and digital certificate provided upon successful course completion.
Computers & Software: Laptops and software will not be provided. Attendees need to:
- Bring your own laptop
- Download and install Microsoft Outlook (2010, 2013, 2016) software before the course and make sure it is ready to go
- Make sure your laptop software is up-to-date with all current updates before you come to the course
*If you are a member of VRBA (Victoria Residential Builders Association), please call to receive our partner discount on your registration.
*If you are a VICA member, please remember to login to the website to receive member pricing on your registration. VICA members save over 30% on their course registration fee!