Construct Your Future
DID YOU KNOW: The average starting wage in construction is between $20 and $23 per hour.
Are you between the ages of 17 – 29 and looking to start a lucrative and rewarding career in construction?
The Vancouver Island Construction Association’s Construct Your Future (CYF) program provides an opportunity for youth and adults to learn about the many career paths in construction, as well as the roles, responsibilities, and safety requirements. The best part? It’s FREE and you get paid to learn about this dynamic industry. After eight weeks of in-class and on-site training, we will help you find long-term, lucrative employment with a local construction company.
- Earn up to $1900.00 per month while you train.
- We supply everything you need to succeed, boots, starter tools and PPE, as well as, financial support to offset the cost of food, transportation and more.
- Earn the certifications you need including Fall Protection, Confined Space Entry and HILTI. Get hands-on training on real work sites. Build strength and endurance through daily fitness.
- Explore over 100 construction trades.
- Get connected with employers who are offering great jobs and share your values!
Recruitment is underway now for our next program start!
“There hasn’t been a morning that I wasn’t excited to come to a CYF course. The staff are incredibly kind and supportive people, who really know how to connect with many different people.”
– Naomi (17)
“The work experience was one of the most positive things about the program. It gave us hands on experience on tools, an introduction to the companies we worked with, different experiences per site, networking with possible employers, and low stake opportunities to learn.”
– Liam (20)
“This is a great program for anyone wanting to work in construction. It is a great way to get industry certifications and connections.”
– Jobanpreet (24)
What’s in it for you?
- 8 weeks of paid training at minimum wage / hour: interactive in-class training and integrated on-site training
- Job search support and interview skills training
- Direct connection with industry employers
- Transportation allowance
- Daycare support
- Steel toe boots and other safety gear (PPE)
- Breakfast and lunch provided on classroom days
Walk away with:
- Construction terminology and basic trades math
- Hands-on tool training and fitness training for the jobsite
- Fall Protection Training Certificate
- Construction Safety Training System Certificate
- Confined Space Entry Certificate
- Ladder Safety Certificate
- WHMIS 2015 Certificate
- Workplace Violence & Harassment Certificate
- Occupational First Aid Level 1 Certificate (and more!)