- Gold Seal Credits: 1
- Licensed Residential Builder CPD Points: 7.5
Site Leadership | LIVE, ONLINE Training
For site supervisors and leaders. Enhance your ability to build a collaborative team culture and improve job site safety and productivity.
2 Days, 4 Hours each day
BGC Partners Inc., Tim Williams, MBA, B.Econ., CPA, GSC
$599.99 excl. GST
No events to show
This course covers core site leadership essentials. Designed for lead hands, forepersons and site supervisors, course content includes teambuilding, personal leadership, personality styles, working with difficult people, productivity & waste, and safety leadership.
What Will You Learn?
- Identify and apply different leadership styles and approaches
- Enhance the motivation and engagement of construction workers and teams
- Utilize leadership techniques to build cohesive and effective crews
- Understand the Eight Wastes in order to reduce downtime and inefficiencies on site
- Understand different personality styles and how to communicate effectively with each one
- Recognize substance abuse and how to deal with it appropriately
- Improve your team training skills and be able to conduct a successful toolbox talk
- Understand how to deal with difficult people, conflict and confrontational situations
- How to use collaborative decision-making skills and build a collaborative culture
- Understand the importance of ethics and safety first when leading others
Who Should Attend?
We recommend this course for site leaders of all levels and crew members who are working towards leadership roles in future.
Live, Online, Instructor-led training. This is a lecture-style workshop with a class size up to 25 students.
- This course is facilitated by the instructor on the Zoom platform. Access information from the instructor will be provided to you in advance of the training.
- You will be expected to have your webcam on during the class and participate in group discussions and other activities with your instructor and classmates during the course.
This course is delivered in partnership with local construction associations across Canada. You will be participating with a cohort of industry peers from multiple regions.
Course Requirements (Technology & Participation)
- This course requires face-to-face interaction and participation from both the instructor and students. In order to attend, you’ll must make sure you have the following:
- Computer or laptop with webcam (webcams are mandatory): This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, you must have a webcam and use a full computer/laptop, and we do not permit students to attend using a tablet or cell phone.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions: Please plan to be fully engaged in the class, and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program.
We recommend that students have some experience working in an onsite construction role.
Those with less experience are welcome to attend but may find it hard to absorb and appreciate the material without prior experience or context.
Course Credits Information
1 Gold Seal Credit