- Gold Seal Credits: 2
Proposal Pursuit: Strategies for Success | LIVE, ONLINE Training
Facilitated by VICA’s most in-demand course instructor, Debbie Hicks, this course puts you front-and-center with a training team of 3 ICI practitioners. You’ll walk through each stage of the RFP process with these real-world experts, and hear the perspectives of a Project Owner, Consultant and Contractor at each step in the process. Walk away with practical tips and tools to support your next successful proposal.
3 Days, 4 Hours each day
Debbie Hicks, B.Sc, Bill Chomik, AAA, SAA, OAA, AIBC, FRAIC, RCA, Bob Hildenbrandt,P.Eng.,LEED AP,GSC, Elisa Brandts, AAA, OAA, NSAA, FRAIC, Mark Scharf, BA, MHA, Dean Slater, P.Eng., GSC, Phil Iafelice, CMT, PMP, Terry Danelley, FRAIC, MAA
$749.99 excl. GST
No events to show
In this interactive course, each stage of the RFP process will be reviewed from the perspectives of a Project Owner, Consultant and Contractor and you’ll gain key insights about what to consider for successful progression. Packed with tips and suggestions on how to make sure each partner is successful in their proposal pursuit; you’ll walk away with actionable knowledge you can put to work on the job immediately.
Using a hands-on, practical approach, this course will also give you an opportunity to apply what you learn by guiding you through an interactive exercise of presenting your proposal to the ‘client.’ This activity will give you the opportunity to receive guidance and feedback from our training team that will help you to hone your skills in responding to proposals.
- Learn the key ingredients to prepare a successful Request for Qualification (RFQ)
- Understand the Project Owner’s mindset in soliciting a Request for Proposal (RFP) competition
- Identify “homework” to be done prior to responding to the RFQ/RFP
- Familiarize yourself with best practices when successfully responding to an RFP
- Develop a winning RFP strategy
- Recognize the same techniques for successful Subcontractor submissions
- Understand how to prepare for, manage and excel in the Interview
- Learn about Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and create ideas on how to demonstrate your CSR Strategy
- Apply learnings to an RFP case study and table your RFP mini proposal to an evaluation panel
- Enhance your presentation skills by participating in an RFP interview simulation
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for all partners:
- Subcontractors new to the ‘Party Invitation’ activities,
- General Contractors responding to any project delivery method process,
- Design Consultants creating, reviewing or participating in the process for Design Build or Integrated Project Delivery, or the
- Project Owners or P3 Developers seeking qualified contractors or issuing a proposal request
Live, Online, Instructor-led training, with a multi-discipline training team and a maximum class size of 25 students.
- This is a highly interactive course facilitated by the instructor on the Zoom platform.
- You will be expected to have your webcam on during the whole class and participate in break-out rooms, small-group discussions, and other activities with your instructor and classmates during the course.
- Zoom access information will be provided to you in advance of the training by your instructor
- Full attendance and participation in all four sessions is mandatory for course completion. If a student misses a class session, we are unable to transfer registration or provide a partial refund of the registration fees.
This course is delivered in partnership with local construction associations across western Canada and Ontario. You will be participating with a cohort of industry peers from throughout these regions.
Course Requirements (Technology & Participation)
This course requires full face-to-face interaction and participation from both the instructor and students. In order to attend, you’ll must make sure you have the following:
- Computer or laptop with webcam (webcams are mandatory): This course will involve 100% on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, you must have a webcam and use a full computer/laptop, and we do not permit students to attend using a tablet or cell phone.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions: Please plan to be fully engaged in the class, and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program
A short orientation session (30 min) with your course instructor will be held via Zoom before the course (usually scheduled in the week before). During the orientation, your instructor will go over course information and familiarize you with the Zoom tools you’ll be using.
Course Credits Information
2 Gold Seal Credits