Created by the industry, for the industry, Construction 101 was developed by the Canadian Construction Association to give participants an opportunity to see how different pieces in the construction industry fit together. Don't be misled by the '101' — over 30% of our course attendees have 10+ years of industry experience!
WHO SHOULD TAKE CONSTRUCTION 101?
This course has something for everyone, whether you have years of experience or are new to the industry. Perfect for procurement professionals and buyers, developing leaders, as well as operations and administrative staff, this is the industry knowledge bootcamp that will support your team's success! There's a reason it sells out time and time again....
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
This two-day comprehensive course will give you valuable insight into the various industry stakeholders, including their roles and responsibilities, construction documents and contracts, risk management, construction law, bidding and tendering, project management, and more!
WHAT OUR STUDENTS SAY:
- "Fantastic and informative course — great facilitator and guest speakers. Will recommend this course to others!"
- "Excellent course and highly recommended for buyers in municipal roles."
- "Answered my questions about contract documents and improved my project management/coordination skills."
* VICA Members: Save $300/registration when you register more than one person.
* ECABC & VRBA Members have access to discounted rates.
COURES MATERIAL COVERS 8 MODULES & 62 TOPICS INCLUDING:
COURSE FEE INCLUDES
- Complimentary lunch and refreshments provided on both days.
- Attendees receive a bundle of valuable reference resources. Course material includes:
- Construction 101 Binder with detailed material developed exclusively for the construction industry by the CCA
- Builders Lien Act Guide
- Full Example copies of the following contract documents:
- CCA 1: Stipulated Price Subcontract
- CCDC 2: Stipulated Price Contract
- CCDC 5A: Construction Management Contract – for Services
- CCDC 5B: Construction Management Contract – for Services and Construction
Two days of in-class instruction, plus an optional, open book, take-home exam (using the Construction 101 Binder) to be completed after the in-class course. The the take home exam consists of 25 questions and will be be based on the material covered in class. Attendees will have 2 weeks to submit their completed exam via email.
*Please note that attendees who wish to claim Gold Seal Credits or CPD points for their Residential Builder Licensing MUST successfully complete the take-home exam component to be eligible.