- Gold Seal Credits: 1
Microsoft Project 365 Basics | Live, ONLINE
Learn how to create and manage project schedules using Microsoft Project 2016.
Phil Perry, B.Sc.
$399.99 excl. GST
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
Learn how to create and manage project schedules using Microsoft Project 2016. This course is for any person who has never used Microsoft Project 2016 and would like to use it as a tool to manage their projects.
Participants should have a general understanding of project management concepts and basic knowledge of and experience with Windows, including being able to start programs, switch between programs, locate saved files, and close programs.
To successfully attend this course, students will need a two-screen computer set-up and the desktop version (the web-based version is not suitable) of Microsoft Project 2016 or newer installed and ready to use.
What Will You Learn?
Topics covered by this course include:
- Creating a new project plan file and enter project information
- Managing tasks by organizing tasks and setting task relationships
- Determining critical path, total float, and free float
- Managing resources for a project such as labour
- Finalizing a project plan by setting a baseline
- Tracking progress using the tracking Gantt chart
- Live, Online, Instructor-led training
- This workshop is hosted by the instructor on the GotoTraining platform. Access information and any course materials will be provided to you by the instructor via email in advance of the training.
- This course is delivered in partnership with local construction associations across Canada. You will be participating with a cohort of industry peers from multiple regions.
Course Requirements (Technology & Participation)
In order to attend, you’ll must make sure you have the following:
- Microsoft Project 2016 (or newer) is required. Please ensure you have it installed, updated and ready to go. The web-based version of the program is not permitted/adequate for this course.
- Second Screen: In order to participate in this course, you will require either two monitors or a second device (tablet) or computer so that you are able to watch the instructor while at the same time practicing and applying the new skills.
- Computer or laptop with webcam: This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, you must have a full computer/laptop, and we do not permit students to attend using a tablet or cell phone.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions: Please plan to be fully engaged in the class, and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program.