- Licensed Residential Builder CPD Points: 1.5
Learn about the key changes in the new CCDC 2 2020. Walk away with a clear grasp of the updates and how they will impact you and your team.
2 Hour Webinar
Terry Brown, P.GSC
$99.99 excl. GST
No events to show
For the first time since 2008, the Canadian Construction Documents Committee (CCDC) published a new edition of the CCDC 2 - 2020 Stipulated Price Contract...so what does this mean for you? Most updates to the new CCDC 2 account for required updates due to prompt payment legislation introduced or planned in several Canadian provinces, and common modifications made to CCDC 2 through supplementary conditions. Join us and learn what these significant changes to the CCDC 2 - 2020 mean for you!
*NOTE: This workshop only covers the recent changes to CCDC 2. If you are looking for a thorough walk-through of the full contract and how it is used, check out our CCDC 2 Deep Dive course HERE
What Will You Learn?
By the end of this workshop you will cover:
- Introduction of the term “Ready-for-Takeover”
- Removal of “work requirements” (considered project-specific) from the Contract to a new companion Document – CCDC 01 – Master Specification for Division 01 - General Requirements
- Changes to GC 1.1 – Contract Documents
- Introduction of the Concept of Payment Legislation
- Changes to Construction Safety
- Changes to Reimbursable Costs for Change Directives
- Changes to Insurance
- Changes to Indemnity and Waiver of Claims
- The content of this presentation is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.
- Please note that this course will cover only the significant changes made to CCDC 2 in the 2020 update. There are many smaller changes throughout the entire contract which will not be covered here.
Live, Online, Instructor-led training. This is a webinar/lecture-style session.
- You can expect about 90 minutes of instructional content with 30 minutes for questions and answers.
- This workshop is hosted on the Zoom platform. Access information and any course materials will be provided to you via email in advance of the training.
This training is offered in partnership with the Vancouver Regional Construction Association (VRCA) and you'll be participating with peers from both our regions.
Course Requirements (Technology & Participation)
In order to attend, you’ll must make sure you have the following:
- Computer or laptop with webcam: This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, we do not recommend attend using a tablet or cell phone.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions: Please plan to be fully engaged in the class, and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program.
Students should already be familiar with the CCDC 2 contract document.
Those with less experience are welcome to attend but may find it hard to absorb and appreciate the material without prior experience or context.