Microsoft Excel 365 Basics | Live, ONLINE
Learn how to use the basic features and functions of Excel to create and edit basic spreadsheets.
$299.99 excl. GST
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
This course is intended for anyone who wants to gain a foundational understanding of Microsoft Excel. In this course, you will learn how to use the basic features and functions of Excel to create and edit basic spreadsheets.
Participants should have a basic knowledge of and experience with Windows, including being able to start programs, switch between programs, locate saved files, and close programs.
To successfully attend this course, students will need a two-screen computer set-up and the desktop version (the web-based version is not suitable) of Microsoft Excel 2016 or newer installed and ready to use.
- Getting to know Excel
- Ribbon/Quick Access Toolbar
- Getting Help
- Create a workbook
- Themes and variants
- Basic Navigation and Formatting
- Navigating a workbook
- Adding worksheets
- Basic cell formatting
- Basic Formulas and Functions
- Order of Operations
- Using the formula bar
- Function wizard
- Printing Workbooks
- Page layouts
- Using page break preview
- Headers & Footers
- Live, Online, Instructor-led training
- This workshop is hosted by the instructor on the GotoTraining platform. Access information and any course materials will be provided to you by the instructor via email in advance of the training.
- This course is delivered in partnership with local construction associations across Canada. You will be participating with a cohort of industry peers from multiple regions.
Course Requirements (Technology & Participation)
In order to attend, you’ll must make sure you have the following:
- Desktop version of Microsoft Excel 2016 or newer installed and ready to use (web-based version of Excel is not suitable)
- 2-screen set-up: either two monitors or a second device (tablet or laptop) so you are able to watch the instructor while at the same time practicing skills.
- Computer or laptop with webcam: This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, you must have a full computer/laptop, and we do not permit students to attend using a tablet or cell phone.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions: Please plan to be fully engaged in the class, and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program.