January 15 Update | Registration Closed + 2021 Dates
Registration for this course is now closed, but we have more sessions scheduled - click below to register for an alternate date!
Are changes affecting your profitability and ability to meet construction delivery schedules? Changes in construction projects are the most significant source of cost increases and schedule delays for general contractors, subcontractors, owners, and consultants. Join us for this practical course and learn how to implement change management processes and minimize the impact of changes on your projects.
Plus, walk away with a resource manual packed with practical checklists, templates and how-to's that will help you set up the processes and procedures you need in the office or jobsite!
- Sources of Changes on a Construction Site
- Types of Change Documents
- Change Order Management Process
- Change Order Management Documentation
- Change Order Pricing: Evaluation and Verification of Costs
- Schedule Impact of Changes and Evaluation of Delays
- Contract Obligations
- Cumulative Effect of Changes
By the end of this course you will:
- Have a better understanding of how changes affect construction projects, profitability and client relationships, and subsequently business and professional success.
- Identify changes earlier and minimize any negative impacts of changes.
- Create and implement a change management plan, and process within construction projects to successfully manage changes.
- Improve project outcomes and enhance the success and profitability of construction projects.
- Live, Online, Instructor-led training, with a maximum class size of 16 students.
- This course is facilitated by the instructor on the AdobeConnect platform. Access information from the instructor will be provided to you in advance of the training.
- Two morning sessions (3 hours each) over two days:
- Day 1: Monday, January 18: 9:00am-12:00pm
- Day 2: Tuesday, January 19: 9:00am-12:00pm
- Attendance in both sessions is mandatory for course completion. *Please note that If a student misses a class session, we are unable to transfer registration or provide a partial refund of the registration fees.
Course Requirements (Technology & Participation)
This course requires full face-to-face interaction and participation from both the instructor and students. In order to attend, you’ll must make sure you have the following:
- Computer or laptop with webcam (webcams are mandatory): This course will involve 100% on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, you must have a webcam and use a full computer/laptop, and we do not permit students to attend using a tablet or cell phone.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions: Please plan to be fully engaged in the class, and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program.
This course is offered in partnership with construction associations across Canada and you'll be participating with a cohort with peers from throughout the country.