- Licensed Residential Builder CPD Points: 4
Managing Change in Construction | LIVE, ONLINE Training
Learn how to improve your change management processes! This workshop will walk you through the change management processes outlined in common standard construction contracts (CCDC 2, CCA 1 & CCA 19) and review key forms from CCDC 24: A Guide to Model Forms.
4 Hour Workshop
Phil Perry, B.Sc.
$299.99 excl. GST
No events to show
Changes on construction projects are inevitable and are often a source of friction. This friction creates problems for both the Owner and the Contractor as well as the other project stakeholders (Consultant, Subcontractors, Sub-Subcontractors and Suppliers).
The Canadian Construction Documents Committee (CCDC), the Canadian Construction Association (CCA) and the Alberta Construction Association (ACA) publish standard contracts and guides for the Construction Industry. In this half-day workshop, the Change Management Processes in standard CCA and CCDC construction contracts will be reviewed along with key forms from CCDC-24 – A Guide to Model Forms.
What Will You Learn?
By the end of this workshop you will review:
- CCDC-2 Stipulated Price Contract
- CCA-1 Stipulated Price Subcontract
- CCA-19 Stipulated Price Sub-Subcontract
- Key Forms from CCDC-24:
- Change Order Form
- Change Directive Form
- Proposed Change Form
- Combined Proposed Change and Change Order Form
- Supplemental Instruction Form
- Notice Form
- Summary of Changes
- Additional guides covered in this course:
- CCA 16 – Guidelines for Determining the Costs Associated with Performing Changes in the Work
- CCA Guide to Cost Predictability in Construction *Free Download
- ACA Doc D – Alberta Standard Guide for Change Order Procedures
Live, Online, Instructor-led training. This is a webinar/lecture-style workshop and may include as many as 40+ students (average attendance is 10 students).
- This workshop is hosted by the instructor on the GotoTraining platform. Access information and any course materials will be provided to you by the instructor via email in advance of the training.
This training is offered in partnership with local construction associations nationwide and you'll be participating with industry peers from across Canada.
Students will receive digital course materials from the instructor, including a course manual along with sample forms and workflows.
Please note: this course will include a review of a range of CCDC, CCA , and ACA guides and contract documents that are not included in course materials. Students are not required to have these documents to participate in the training, however, if you would like to purchase copies, they are available for purchase in the VICA store. *ACA documents are available through local Alberta Construction Associations
Course Requirements (Technology & Participation)
In order to attend, you’ll must make sure you have the following:
- Computer or laptop with webcam: This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, you must have a full computer/laptop, and we do not permit students to attend using a tablet or cell phone.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions: Please plan to be fully engaged in the class, and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program.
We recommend that students have some familiarity with construction project management and/or standard construction contracts.
Those with less experience are welcome to attend but may find it hard to absorb and appreciate the material without prior experience or context.
Course Credits Information
Licensed Residential Builders: 4 CPD Points, Informal*
- *Disclaimer: CPD Points may be subject to change by BC Housing. Always verify CPD points for yourself.
- BC Housing Education Portal: https://www.bccsa.ca/index.php?id=119
- BC Housing Licensing & Consumer Services: https://www.bchousing.org/licensing-consumer-services/builder-licensing/