- Licensed Residential Builder CPD Points: 2
Builders Lien Act | LIVE, ONLINE Training
Avoid financial and legal mistakes that commonly result from misunderstandings of the Builders Lien Act! Join us for this short, content-packed course that will help you understand the rights, remedies, and processes created by the Builders Lien Act.
2 Hour Workshop
Tyler Galbraith, LL.B
$139.99 excl. GST
No events to show
The Builders Lien Act is a useful tool if used properly; however, if misunderstood, it can lead to serious financial and legal consequences. This course will provide participants with the knowledge and background to understand the rights, remedies, and processes created by the Builders Lien Act.
What Will You Learn?
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Know and understand the four pillars of the Builders Lien Act: the land lien; the holdback lien; the holdback and the trust.
- Know and understand the processes contained in the Builders Lien Act including filing a claim of lien, the issuance of certificates of completion and rights to information.
- Know and understand common misconceptions of how the Builders Lien Act works.
Live, Online, Instructor-led training, delivered in a webinar/lecture-style workshop format with as many as 20+ students.
- This course is facilitated on the Microsoft Teams platform. Access information will be provided to you in advance of the training.
This course is delivered in partnership with the local construction associations across the province, and you will be participating with a cohort of industry peers from throughout our regions.
Course Requirements (Technology & Participation)
In order to attend, you’ll must make sure you have the following:
- Computer or laptop: This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing questions or responses. For this reason, we do not recommend and strongly discourage the use of a phone or tablet.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions: Please plan to be fully engaged in the class, and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program.
Course Credits Information
Licenced Residential Builders: 2 CPD Points, Informal*
- *Disclaimer: CPD Points may be subject to change by BC Housing. Always verify CPD points for yourself.
- BC Housing Education Portal: https://www.bccsa.ca/index.php?id=119
- BC Housing Licensing & Consumer Services: https://www.bchousing.org/licensing-consumer-services/builder-licensing/