Exclusive VICA Member Pricing: Pay only $599/registration (SAVE $300!) when you register more than one person! Call us to register and receive this special discount: 1-877-847-6471
You invest in equipment, supplies and people. But your best return on investment may be your own financial expertise. In this this two-day, hands-on training program – led by construction-finance expert Wayne Newell – learn to produce and interpret the four financial reports that are critical to business success. This is an interactive course with hands-on exercises that walk you through each step of the financial process. You’ll take home a comprehensive course manual filled with the methodologies and strategies you need to improve your business.
What students say:
- “Appreciated the use of real examples and discussions amongst the group on current practices. For a very dry subject Wayne kept my attention and the information relatable, relevant and interesting.”
- “I particularly found the parts when the instructor put on his “accountant hat” very helpful because it enabled me to understand why accountants do what they do and how their goal is to help contractors improve their business, not just add more work.”
- “Educational & informative; the information & facts are invaluable as they relate to the construction industry.”
- “Wayne’s knowledge was excellent as shown by his real-world experiences. His examples kept my attention and interest and it was pure enjoyment watching his passion behind his craft. The take-home manual was an added plus.”
Who should take this course?
Project Managers, Estimators, Superintendents, Senior Managers, Developing Leaders, Owners, and anyone who wish to increase their financial and accounting knowledge in construction will benefit from this course.
What will you learn?
This 2-day course specifically focuses on non-financial managers in the construction industry will guide you through the financial and measurement techniques needed to manage a contracting business. Don’t expect a sit and listen event! This is an interactive course with hands-on exercises that walk you through each step of the financial process. You’ll take home a comprehensive course manual filled with the methodologies and strategies you need to improve your business.
By the end of this course you’ll learn how to:
- Use and understand 4 critical financial statements – Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss, Statement of Cash Flows, Equity
- Forecast project cash flows
- Use Net Present Value (NPV) to evaluate major purchases
- Understand financial terminology
- Use financial reports to make project decisions
- Understand why ‘% completion’ accounting produces more reliable financial statements
- Use reports and analyses to monitor strengths and weaknesses
- Measure the real costs of lost productivity
- Control overhead costs with gross profit factors
- Develop a profit plan and revenue goals with just 3 numbers
- Increase profits and improve cash flow
- Understand monthly financial reporting packages
Course fee includes: Lunch, digital certificate provided upon successful course completion, and course material provided by the instructor in-class.
Course format: 2 days of in-class instruction.
- How hard will the course be? It has been a few years since I attended a course.
- VICA's courses are designed for working professionals just like you! Our training programs are for your professional development, and focus on increasing your knowledge as well as helping you improve on-the-job skills. This is not a rigorous academic course.
- When do I get my course certificate?
- Course certificates are typically emailed to students up to 4 weeks after the course is completed.
Partner Discount Pricing:
Are you a member with one of our partner associations below? Call us directly to access partner pricing on our courses. Make sure to tell us which association you belong to when you call! (1-877-847-6471)
- ECABC (Electrical Contractors Association of BC)
- VRBA (Victoria Residential Builders Association)
VICA Member Discounts:
VICA members, please log in to the website before you register in order to receive your VICA member price on registration OR Call us directly to register (1-877-847-6471).
- Exclusive VICA member discount: pay only $599/registration (SAVE $300) on this course when you register more than one person! Call to receive this special pricing.