Exclusive VICA Member Pricing: Pay only $149/registration (SAVE $150!) when you register more than one person - Call us to register and receive this special discount: 1-877-847-6471
80% of the people managing construction contracts don’t read, don’t understand, or aren’t following the contract in place between their two organizations! This creates problems for both the Owner and the Contractor as well as the other participants involved with the project (Consultant, Subcontractors, Sub-Subcontractors and Suppliers).
In order to support construction stakeholders in managing these contractual relationships, standard contracts and guides are published by.the Canadian Construction Documents Committee (CCDC) and the Canadian Construction Association (CCA)
By the end of this workshop you will:
- Review the bidding process
- (Expression of Interest (EOI)
- Request for Qualifications (RFQ)
- Request for Proposals (RFP), Contract A, Contract B)
- Understand the difference between a Letter of Intent and Letter of Award (one of which one is simply an agreement to agree)
- Review the terms and conditions of the CCDC-2 Stipulated Price Construction Contract.
- Review the following CCDC & CCA guides
- CCDC-00 – Guide to Use of CCDC Master Specification for Division 00 – Procurement and Contracting Requirements
- CCDC-10 – A Guide to Construction Project Delivery Methods
- CCDC-20 – Guide to the use of CCDC-2 Stipulated Price Contract
- CCDC-23 – Guide to the Call and Awarding of Construction Contracts
- CCDC-21 – Guide to Construction Insurance
- CCDC-22 – Guide to Construction Surety Bonds
- CCDC-24 – Guide to Model Forms
- CCDC-29 – Guide to Prequalification
- CCDC-40 – Rules for Mediation and Arbitration of Construction Industry Disputes
- CCA 53 – A Trade Contractors Guide and Checklist to Construction Contracts
- Live, Online, Instructor-led training. This is a webinar-style workshop and may include as many as 40+ students (average attendance is 10 students).
- This workshop is hosted by the instructor on the GotoTraining platform. Access information from the instructor will be provided to you in advance of the training.
- Students will receive digital course materials from the instructor, including a course manual along with sample forms and workflows.
- Please note: this course will include a review of a range of CCDC and CCA guides and contract documents that are not included in course materials. Students are not required to have these documents to participate in the training, however, if you would like to purchase copies, they available for purchase in the VICA store by following the links above.
Exclusive VICA Member Discount
- VICA members qualify for bonus pricing when you register more than one person in this course!
- Not available online - Call us directly to access this special discount! (1-877-847-6471)
- Registration fees:
- Public: $299
- VICA Members: $199 OR $149 with multiple registrants
This course is offered in partnership with local construction associations nationwide and you'll be participating in training with industry peers from across Canada.