FREE Webinar! | Managing Construction Series: Raising the Bar
Join us for this FREE session featuring one of our most-loved instructors, Debbie Hicks! Learn about this innovative course series that will empower you to manage and mitigate project risks by focusing on the roles, responsibilities, and expectations of the CCDC contract clauses that are our commitments to each other. Delivered by a multi-disciplinary training team of industry experts, you don’t want to miss this!
No events to show
Managing Construction Series: Raising the Bar
The foundation of a successful project is understanding the commitments, expectations, responsibilities, “whys” and risks/rewards for all parties, in all the stages/components of a project. The goal of this course series is to help you and your team to ‘think differently’ about how you manage your projects, break us out of industry silos, and raise the bar in construction for everyone.
This innovative course series is taught by a group of multi-disciplinary industry experts, and includes the perspectives and experience of owners, constructors, and consultants. Instead of learning from a solo instructor with a limited perspective, this course series challenges you to see and understand industry issues from all points of view.
Courses in the series (and recommended order):
The training team for this series includes:
- Lead Instructor: Debbie Hicks, B.Sc, DSH Consulting | President
- Amy Spark, BA, CF APMP, PCL Construction | Proposal Manager
- Bill Chomik, AAA, SAA, OAA, AIBC, FRAIC, RCA, Kasian | Senior Principal, Vice President - Institutional
- Bob Hildenbrandt, P.Eng., LEED AP, GSC
- Brad Stevenson, CPA CGA, BTech, PMP, Unitech Construction | Chief Operating Officer
- Craig Shirra, AScT, GSC, PSQ, LEEDGA, UBC Properties Trust | Director of Development
- Elisa Brandts, AAA, OAA, NSAA, FRAIC, Stantec | Managing Senior Principal
- Elizabeth Zhu, BSc., Fraser Health Authority | Procurement Manager
- Jim Clement, GSC, Graham Construction | Operations Manager
- Mark Scharf, BA, MHA
- Michael Atkinson, LLB, Past President CCA, Past Secretary CCDC
- Rick Boates, AScT., GSC, LEEDAP, Unitech Construction Management | President
- Roy Timms, P.Eng. (Retired), GSC
- Terry Danelley, FRAIC, MAA, LM Architectural Group | Senior Advisor
- Walter Strachan, RSW, PQS (F), CSC (F)
Live, Online, Instructor-led training. This is a webinar/lecture-style session.
- This webinar hosted on the Zoom platform. Access information and any course materials will be provided to you via email in advance of the training.
Course Requirements (Technology & Participation)
In order to attend, you’ll must make sure you have the following:
- Computer or laptop with webcam: This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, we do not recommend attend using a tablet or cell phone.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions: Please plan to be fully engaged in the class, and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program.