Exclusive VICA Member Pricing: Pay only $149/registration (SAVE $150!) when you register more than one person - Call us to register and receive this special discount: 1-877-847-6471
Having an effective process for submitting shop drawings, submittals and samples is key to getting the right materials and equipment to the right place at the right time. However, many suppliers, contractors, and trade contractors struggle with getting timely submittal reviews. This workshop will cover the entire submittal process - from start to finish - and provide you with tips and tricks so you and your team can avoid common mistakes.
By the end of this workshop you will review:
- Common Shop Drawing process articulated in key standard contracts:
- CCDC-2 Stipulated Price Contract
- CCDC-5B Construction Management for Services and Construction Contract
- CCDC-14 Stipulated Price Design Build Contract
- CCA-1 Stipulated Price Subcontract
- CCA-19 Stipulated Price Sub-Subcontract
- ACA Form A - Stipulated Price Subcontract
- Procurement Schedule
- Submittal Log
- Review Process
- What to do when the client wants more than what is called for in the specifications
- Additional guides covered in this course:
- CCA 53 Trade Contractors Guide and Checklist to Construction Contracts
- ACA Doc E Alberta Standard Guide for Shop Drawings and Submittal Procedures
- Live, Online, Instructor-led training. This is a webinar-style workshop and may include as many as 40+ students (average attendance is 10 students).
- This workshop is hosted by the instructor on the GotoTraining platform. Access information from the instructor will be provided to you in advance of the training.
- Students will receive digital course materials from the instructor, including a course manual along with sample forms and workflows.
- Please note: this course will include a review of a range of CCDC, CCA , and ACA guides and contract documents that are not included in course materials. Students are not required to have these documents to participate in the training, however, if you would like to purchase copies, they available for purchase in the VICA store by following the links above. *ACA documents are available through local Alberta Construction Associations
Exclusive VICA Member Discount
- VICA members qualify for bonus pricing when you register more than one person in this course!
- Not available online - Call us directly to access this special discount! (1-877-847-6471)
- Registration fees:
- Public: $299
- VICA Members: $199 OR $149 with multiple registrants
This course is offered in partnership with local construction associations nationwide and you'll be participating in training with industry peers from across Canada.