Be one of the first to see the new flagship CCDC 2 ‘Stipulated Price Contract’ including what changes were made, the reasons behind them and the implications they have. You’ll also get guidance on how to most effectively use the brand-new Master Specification for Division 01 ‘General Requirements.’
With the publication of the new 2020 editions of the documents coming out later in the year, this is a unique opportunity to hear from the committee members who authored the CCDC documents and understand the reasons behind the changes and the implications they have on your projects.
This online training will be held in November, consisting of four distinct presentations (all included in your registration fee).
- Presentation 1 : An Introduction to CCDC - This 20-minute opening presentation will summarize the operation of CCDC, including how documents are developed, the new documents coming this winter, and what documents the committee is currently working on.
- Presentation 2: Changes to CCDC 2 - This 120-minute presentation will provide an in-depth explanation on the biggest and most crucial changes with the new version of the CCDC 2 ‘Stipulated Price Contract’. This includes the “Ready-for-Takeover” project milestone, provisions regarding early-occupancy by owner, how new provincial legislations like the Ontario Construction Act are addressed, and more. This presentation will also include a 30-minute Q&A period for attendees to pose their questions directly to some of the documents’ authors.
- Presentation 3: The New Division 01 - This 90-minute presentation will introduce the brand-new Master Specification for Division 01 ‘General Requirements’. Attendees will learn about the key provisions of this new document and how to get the most out of its use. This presentation will also include 15 minutes for a Q&A period for attendees to pose their questions directly to some of the documents’ authors.
- Presentation 4: The Top Five Questions - This final presentation will be 60 minutes in length, and feature members of the CCDC committee answering some of the most important questions received during the various sessions of the second and third presentations.
An Introduction to CCDC and The Top Five Questions presentations will be entirely pre-recorded. Registrants will be able to view these at their own convenience. Two sessions of both the Changes to CCDC 2 and The New Division 01 presentations will be held during fixed time slots every day beginning November 16 and ending November 27.
Each of the sessions for presentations 2 and 3 will be capped at 50 attendees on a first-come, first-serve basis. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to hear directly from CCDC document authors. Register today!
While registrants are welcome to select any session to attend, we recommend that VICA members register for the British Columbia specific sessions to ensure that the Q&A period is more relevant to our local practices.
BC Specific Dates:
- Vancouver – November 19 – CCDC 2 10:30 am – 12:30 pm / Division 01 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. PT
- Vancouver Island – November 20 – CCDC 2 10:30 am – 12:30 pm / Division 01 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. PT
- General – November 24 – CCDC 2 10:30 am – 12:30 pm / Division 01 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. PT
$400 plus applicable taxes, with a $150 discount for each additional registrant from the same firm. This includes access to all four presentations and copies of the new CCDC 2 and Division 01 documents, an approximate value of $400.
Please direct any questions to email@example.com
*November 3/20 Update: Please note that this description has been corrected. We previously stated that it would include an overview of the new CCDC 31 ‘Service Contract Between Owner and Consultant’. However, CCDC 31 will NOT be covered ior included in session materials.