Exclusive VICA Member Pricing: Pay only $599/registration (SAVE $300!) when you register more than one person! Call us to register and receive this special discount: 1-877-847-6471
More and more frequently private sector companies and government organizations are releasing RFPs as part of their procurement process and moving away from the traditional bid process. Construction companies often win or lose contracts based on their responses to an RFP. Answering a Request for Proposal (RFP) effectively requires knowledge, understanding and a proposed solution of the subject, while convincing the potential Owner that your company is the best suited to build their project.
Who should take this course?
Estimators, Project Managers & Coordinators, Owners - anyone involved in the development of bid proposals will benefit from this course.
What will you learn?
In this interactive and hands-on 2-day course, you’ll have the opportunity to work through a case study of a real RFP and develop a response. Plus, you’ll receive a course manual packed with resources including checklists, spreadsheets, and ‘how-tos’ to use when you’re back on the job.
You’ll learn the key differences between a Request for Quotation (RFQ) and the typical prequalification in the bid process, as well as how to respond to that RFQ. Your company must first pass the “RFQ” test before being invited to participate in the RFP process.
By the end of Day 1 you will:
- Learn the fundamental differences between an RFP and the traditional bid process
- Understand the Owner’s requirements
- Learn how to analyze the RFP and create a successful strategy for developing a winning response
- Learn to prepare your written response effectively while following the guidelines set out in the RFP
- Learn how to create a strategy with respect to the Request for Information (RFI) process and Owner/Design meetings
- Understand the risk and opportunity within the RFP
- Learn how responses to RFP’s are evaluated and how best to address the criteria
Requests for Proposals usually are evaluated by a group of directors or a committee board. Most often, proponents are required to present their team and project solutions to this same committee. To be effective, step-by-step preparation and the method and means of presenting the information should be carefully considered. Exceptional presentation skills are the skills you will need to deliver your winning proposal to your potential new Client.
By the end of Day 2 you will:
- Learn engaging and effective presentation techniques
- Review a Case Study of an actual RFP
- Create an RFP response to the Case Study
- Present your RFP proposal
Course fee includes: Lunch, digital certificate provided upon successful course completion, and course material provided in-class.
Course format: 2 days of in-class instruction.
PARTNER DISCOUNT PRICING
Are you a member with one of our partner associations below? Call us directly to access partner pricing on our courses. Make sure to tell us which association you belong to when you call! (1-877-847-6471)
- ECABC (Electrical Contractors Association of BC)
- VRBA (Victoria Residential Builders Association)
VICA MEMBER DISCOUNTS
VICA members, please log in to the website before you register in order to receive your VICA member price on registration OR Call us directly to register (1-877-847-6471).
- Exclusive VICA member discount: pay only $599/registration (SAVE $300) on this course when you register more than one person! Call to receive this special pricing.