January 22 update - Sold out, thanks for your interest!
- WAITLIST - Email Chenelle, and we'll include you on the waitlist for this session in case of any student cancellations. education(at)vicabc.ca
- NEXT SESSION - Register for similar upcoming courses for site leaders:
- Planning for Foremen
- Lead to Succeed
- Fix Your Field Productivity
We want to see more women in supervisory site roles - so this year we're offering Planning for Foremen registration FREE to female site leaders from VICA member companies!
- Who is eligible for FREE registration?
- Exclusive VICA Member Benefit
- Female Superintendents, Foremen, Lead hands, and other female site crew who spend 75% or more of their time on site.
To take us up on this offer, contact Chenelle, VICA's Manager of Training & Education. Click HERE to email, or call 250-388-6471 to register.
Who should take this course?
Planning for Foreman is designed for foremen of all levels of experience and all trades. It also serves as a good back-to-basics refresher for superintendents.
What will you learn?
Strengthen your skill (and value to your company) by gaining a strong foundation in practical task planning. Working with hands-on, practical exercises, you will practice working through the various elements needed to put together a complete activity plan for your crew. Course topics include calculating manpower needs, determining material and equipment needs, building quality and safety into your plan and much more!
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Identify the benefits of planning and why we do it
- Understand what planning is, who should do it, what we should plan and when
- Follow the Planning Cycle of Plan, Do, Check, Act
- Know where to gather the information you'll need to put together a solid plan
- Plan task activities for your crew including:
- Safety considerations
- Quality controls
- Manpower needs
- Material needs
- Equipment needs
- Working with other trades
- Use the take-away course templates to develop your own work plans and 2 week lookahead schedules
- Monitor and correct/ update your plan if it goes off track
- Communicate your plan to others
- Gather your own useful historical information to improve your future plans.
Course fee includes: Lunch, digital certificate provided upon successful course completion, and course material provided by the instructor in-class.
Course format: 1 day, in-class, featuring instructor presentation, interactive class discussions, and practical, hands-on, group exercises.
Partner Discount Pricing:
Are you a member with one of our partner associations below? Call us directly to access partner pricing on our courses. Make sure to tell us which association you belong to when you call! (1-877-847-6471)
- VRBA (Victoria Residential Builders Association)
- ECABC (Electrical Contractors Association of BC)
VICA Members - Exclusive Bonus Discounts
*Not available online - call us to register for these exclusive bonuses! (250-388-6471)*
- Multiple registration discount: VICA Members pay only $399/registration (SAVE $300) when you register more than one person in this course!
- Female Site Leader Promo: FREE registration for female Superintendents, Foremen, Lead hands, and other female site crew who spend 75% or more of their time on site!