September 29 Update - Sold Out, Waitlist, & May 2019 Session
Thanks for your interest and don't despair - you have a couple of options!
- WAITLIST - Email Chenelle, and we'll include you on the waitlist for this session in case of any student cancellations. [education(at)vicabc.ca]
- NEXT SESSION - Register for the May 14, 2019 session instead! More info HERE
Exclusive VICA Member Pricing: Pay only $599/registration (SAVE $300!) when you register more than one person! Call us to register and receive this special discount: 1-877-847-6471
Who should take this workshop?
Everyone involved in the process of construction will benefit from this workshop - general and trade contractors, building owners, designers, and manufacturers and suppliers.
What will you learn?
Join us for a highly interactive workshop (including case-studies and simulations!) that introduces Lean project fundamentals and practices. We’ll cover the process and requirements of the Last Planner® System (LP®S), and you’ll learn how to improve productivity and deliver high value in less time, at lower cost, with reduced risk. By then end of this workshop you’ll be able to:
- Define different types of variation in the design & construction process
- Explain & distinguish the concepts of throughput, cycle time and work in progress
- Describe the role of variation in production operations
- Identify sources of waste in construction settings and corresponding mitigation techniques
- Develop a Pull Plan
- Track key metrics in Pull Plan execution
- Appreciate the power of Team collaboration
Delivered with a supplemental 30-page guide, the Bootcamp workshop includes:
- The Business Case for Lean Project Delivery
- Introduction to Lean Principles and Practices
- Learning to see and Eliminate Waste
- Understanding of Flow and Variability through Hands-on Simulations
- Introduction to the Last Planner® System through the Villego Simulation
- Understanding the concept of Pull Planning
During the workshop, attendees will build Lego buildings. In the first round, we’ll be constructing our buildings based on traditional delivery methodologies and gaining a baseline on the team's planning and building capabilities. Next, we’ll learn the Last Planner® System and how it is used to plan and execute projects with collaboration, discipline and accountability. In a follow-up round, we’ll test the group’s newly acquired LP®S knowledge and measure the results.
Partner Discount Pricing:
Are you a member with one of our partner associations below? Call us directly to access partner pricing on our courses. Make sure to tell us which association you belong to when you call! (1-877-847-6471)
- ECABC (Electrical Contractors Association of BC)
- VRBA (Victoria Residential Builders Association)
VICA Member Discounts:
VICA members - please login to the website before you register in order to receive your VICA member price on registration! OR call us directly for an exclusive VICA member discount - pay only $599/registration (SAVE $300!) on this course when you register more than one person! (1-877-847-6471)