May 17 Update - This course is now SOLD OUT!
Thanks for your interest and don't despair - we will be holding several sessions of this course in the next year.
Send our Education Coordinator, Chenelle, an email, and let her know you are interested in the next session. Email: education (at) vicabc.ca
Exclusive VICA Member Pricing: Pay only $399/registration (SAVE $300!) when you register more than one person! Call us to register and receive this special discount: 1-877-847-6471
Who should take this course?
Planning for Foreman is designed for foremen of all levels of experience and all trades. It also serves as a good back-to-basics refresher for superintendents.
What will you learn?
Strengthen your skill (and value to your company) by gaining a strong foundation in practical task planning. Working with hands-on, practical exercises, you will practice working through the various elements needed to put together a complete activity plan for your crew. Course topics include calculating manpower needs, determining material and equipment needs, building quality and safety into your plan and much more!
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Identify the benefits of planning and why we do it
- Understand what planning is, who should do it, what we should plan and when
- Follow the Planning Cycle of Plan, Do, Check, Act
- Know where to gather the information you'll need to put together a solid plan
- Plan task activities for your crew including:
- Safety considerations
- Quality controls
- Manpower needs
- Material needs
- Equipment needs
- Working with other trades
- 2 week lookahead schedules
- Monitor and correct/ update your plan if it goes off track
- Communicate your plan to others
- Use the take-away course templates to develop your own work plans and 2 week lookahead schedules
- Gather your own useful historical information to improve your future plans.
Course fee includes: Pizza supper, digital certificate provided upon successful course completion, and course material provided by the instructor in-class.
Course format: Three, in-class, 2.5 hour sessions featuring instructor presentation, interactive class discussions, and practical, hands-on, group exercises.
*If you are a member of VRBA (Victoria Residential Builders Association), please call to receive our partner discount on your registration.
*If you are a VICA member, please remember to login to the website to receive member pricing on your registration. VICA members save over 30% on their course registration fee!