Exclusive VICA Member Pricing: Pay only $149/registration (SAVE $150!) when you register more than one person - Call us to register and receive this special discount: 1-877-847-6471
Getting paid in the construction industry is a problem for owners, contractors and other project stakeholders from consultants and subcontractors to sub-subcontractors and suppliers. That’s why it’s important for all parties to recognize contract language leading to payment delays, including ‘Pay-if-Paid’, ‘Pay-when-Paid’, and ‘Notwithstanding’ clauses.
The Canadian Construction Documents Committee (CCDC) and the Canadian Construction Association (CCA) publish standard contracts and guides for the Construction Industry – including some specifically dealing with payment processes.
By the end of this workshop you will:
- Review the payment process in standard contracts:
- CCDC-2 Stipulated Price Contract
- CCA-1 Stipulated Price Subcontract
- CCA-19 Stipulated Price Sub-Subcontract
- Review non-standard contract language to understand clauses that can delay payment, compared to standardised documents.
- Review the following CCA and CCDC quides:
- CCA 28 – A Guide to Improving Cash Flow in the Construction Industry
- CCA 50 – A Prime Contractors Guide to Project Financing and Payment Security
- CCA 53 – Trade Contractors Guide and Checklist to Construction Contracts
- CCA Banking Guide for the Canadian Construction Industry *free download
- CCDC 12 – Project Financial Information Disclosure Form
- Live, Online, Instructor-led training. This is a webinar-style workshop and may include as many as 40+ students (average attendance is 10 students).
- This workshop is hosted by the instructor on the GotoTraining platform. Access information from the instructor will be provided to you in advance of the training.
- Students will receive digital course materials from the instructor, including a course manual along with sample forms and workflows.
- Please note: this course will include a review of a range of CCDC and CCA guides and contract documents that are not included in course materials. Students are not required to have these documents to participate in the training, however, if you would like to purchase copies, they available for purchase in the VICA store by following the links above (CCDC 12 only available in hardcopy as a special order).
Exclusive VICA Member Discount
- VICA members qualify for bonus pricing when you register more than one person in this course!
- Not available online - Call us directly to access this special discount! (1-877-847-6471)
- Registration fees:
- Public: $299
- VICA Members: $199 OR $149 with multiple registrants
This course is offered in partnership with construction associations across Canada.