Construction meetings are critical to successful management of construction projects. Regular site meetings on a project with well documented minutes can facilitate communication and produce better results - making it more likely that the project will be completed successfully.
Effective construction meeting management is not as easy as it sounds! Proper meeting minutes require effective listening, accurate recording and most importantly, understanding the risks involved if an action item is not completed as promised. Minutes also should reflect the view of all stakeholders and be a complete, reliable, and accurate documentation of the status of the project as well as the next steps, as agreed to by all parties.
This course will teach you how to create and implement meeting protocols, record more effective minutes, and more. Walk away with a resource manual packed with practical checklists, templates and how-tos that will help you set up the processes and procedures you need in the office or jobsite.
- Conducting effective and efficient construction meetings
- Types of construction meetings and when to have them
- Recording accurate and factual construction meeting minutes
- Understanding what standard topics and other topics to discuss and document
- Engaging project stakeholders to deliver as recorded (promised)
- Managing actionable items
- Understanding how construction meeting minutes become permanent records
- Distribution and follow-up