VICA has partnered with ZEBx (Vancouver Zero Emissions Building Centre of Excellence) to deliver a collaborative, technical workshop focused on identifying solutions for innovative wood technologies. Join us!
- Collaborate with experts across industry sectors
- Resolve persistent barriers
- Streamline the adoption and design process for wood buildings in BC
What participants will take away from the workshop:
Workshop participants will collaborate across industry silos to test and identify effective solutions for designing high-performance wood buildings in BC that may include a range of design details, technical references, spec language and/or regulatory approaches.
This is a working session. We have assembled a selection of technical and regulatory challenges gathered from consultation with practitioners working on complex high-performance multi-family, commercial and institutional projects.
Case study projects include:
- Hybrid mixed-use MURB
- Multi-tenant office
- Seniors Housing
- Mixed-use Retail / Commercial
By the end of this workshop you will have the opportunity to:
- Share knowledge and exchange ideas with colleagues across industry sectors;
- Establish best practice solutions (e.g. to standardize where many interpretations or alternative solutions currently exist);
- Validate approaches from elsewhere for application in BC;
- Develop affordable / constructible / simplified solutions to situations of complexity, redundancy or expense;
- Pinpoint regulatory or technical challenges that stand in the way of widespread application of a wood solution and pathway to resolution;
- Highlight opportunities for academic or applied R&D to resolve intractable barriers to the widespread adoption of wood; and
- Solve pressing design problems currently standing in the way of high-performance buildings.
Course fee includes: Lunch, digital certificate provided upon successful course completion, and course material provided by the instructor in-class.
Registration: ZEBx is coordinating registrations for this workshop on the Eventbrite website - click the link below to register now!