January 31 Update - Cancelled & Victoria Date
Sadly, we've cancelled this course due to low registrations. Thanks for your interest! We have another session scheduled for Victoria in May (see below). If this is a course you'd like to see offered again in Nanaimo, let us know. Email Chenelle Falconer, Manager, Training & Education, (education [at] vicabc.ca)
Register for the next session coming up in Victoria:
We want to see more women in supervisory site roles - so this year we're offering Fix Your Field Productivity! registration FREE to female site leaders from VICA member companies!
- Who is eligible for FREE registration?
- Exclusive VICA Member Benefit
- Female Superintendents, Foremen, Lead hands, and other female site crew who spend 75% or more of their time on site.
To take us up on this offer, contact Chenelle, VICA's Manager of Training & Education. Click HERE to email, or call 250-388-6471 to register.
Who should take this course?
All site personnel, including Superintendents, Foremen, Lead Hands, and anyone involved in project management or supervision of a project's productivity will benefit from this course.
What will you learn?
This practical, hands-on course sets will teach you how to measure and monitor field productivity. Working with real-life examples, you’ll learn how to identify early indicators of poor productivity, get to the root causes, and eliminate underlying issues that are impacting your crew’s output and profitability.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- See why labour is the biggest risk for any contractor
- Understand what productivity and production are, and how they are calculated
- Recognize the need for establishing benchmarks
- Use your own data to establish benchmarks for your crews
- Know what the productivity of an activity should include
- Determine what to monitor, and how to monitor productivity
- Understand the typical productivity curve of a crew
- Use productivity goals to motivate crews
- Understand your role in the productivity feedback loop
- Recognize common factors that impact field productivity
- Apply strategies that can be used to correct productivity issues
- Use productivity tracking to calculate recovery productivity plans
Course fee includes: Lunch, digital certificate provided upon successful course completion, and course material provided by the instructor in-class.
Course format: 1 day, in-class, featuring instructor presentation, interactive class discussions, and practical, hands-on, group exercises.
Partner Discount Pricing:
Are you a member with one of our partner associations below? Call us directly to access partner pricing on our courses. Make sure to tell us which association you belong to when you call! (1-877-847-6471)
- VRBA (Victoria Residential Builders Association)
- ECABC (Electrical Contractors Association of BC)
VICA Members - Exclusive Bonus Discounts
*Not available online - call us to register for these exclusive bonuses! (250-388-6471)*
- Multiple registration discount: VICA Members pay only $399/registration (SAVE $300) when you register more than one person in this course!
- Female Site Leader Promo: FREE registration for female Superintendents, Foremen, Lead hands, and other female site crew who spend 75% or more of their time on site!