VICA is partnering with Island Health to offer free lunch and learn workshops for the construction industry. We want to help you and your team feel safe on site and equip you with the tools and knowledge you need to respond safely when you find discarded needles or syringes on your worksites.
What participants will take away from the workshop:
- How to safely pick up discarded needles
- How to safely dispose of discarded needles
- How to respond to a needle stick injury
- Information to post at your worksite
- Sharps containers for disposal of discarded needles
Optional Naloxone Training: After the workshop, naloxone training and personal naloxone kits will be provided to those who are interested.
Tracey Thompson, Regional Harm Reduction Coordinator with Island Health, will be providing the training. Tracey is also available to visit your worksite and provide additional training and information to your team. You can reach Tracey at 250-519-3431.
RSVP: Email Chenelle or register below. Let us know you're coming so we can order enough pizza!