April 6 Update: Registration Closed
Registrations for this course are now closed. You may be interested in another upcoming course with the same instructor. 'Profitable Contracting,' check out the link below for more info!
- Profitable Contracting, April 13-14 - MORE INFO
Designed exclusively for construction professionals, this course will teach you the fundamentals and processes you need to create a 3-year growth plan and use it as the foundation for producing business and financial plans.
Companies interested in growing their construction businesses need to make certain they have a workable growth strategy; for that growth, they need a strategic plan to make better than average profits, expand capacity, ensure success, and build a healthier company. This course was designed to do just that.
The materials and content for this course are practical and based on real-world situations. The course will take you through creating and implementing a three-year Strategic Growth Plan for the following scenario:
- A privately-owned company with three principal shareholders has grown its business into one of the foremost mechanical contractors in the province. Annual revenues of $25M have established the company as an industry leader. The shareholders recognize that operations and profits have been stable for the past four years and feel this is a prime time to grow the company to a new level. To do that, they will create and implement a three-year Strategic Growth Plan.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Identify and enhance strengths and opportunities
- Discover and mitigate weaknesses and threats
- Create a Strategic Growth Plan
- Develop labour productivity improvements
- Identify lack of resources
- Elaborate business plan
- Elaborate financial plan
- Analyze Key Performance Indicators and
- Identify increased revenues, profits, and cash flow
- This is a webinar-style course and may include up to 30 students.
- This course is facilitated by the instructor on the Zoom platform. Access information from the instructor will be provided to you in advance of the training.
- Two (2) morning sessions (3,5 hours each) over two days:
- Day 1: Thursday, April 8, 2021: 8:30am-12:00pm
- Day 2: Friday, April 9, 2021: 8:30am-12:00pm
- Attendance in both sessions is mandatory for course completion. *Please note that If a student misses a class session, we are unable to transfer a registration or provide a partial refund of the registration fees.
Course Requirements (Technology & Participation)
This course requires interaction and participation from both the instructor and students. In order to attend, you’ll must make sure you have the following:
- Computer or laptop with webcam: This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, you must have a webcam and use a full computer/laptop, and we do not permit students to attend using a tablet or cell phone.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions: Please plan to be fully engaged in the class, and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program.
This course is delivered in partnership with local construction associations across western Canada and Ontario. You will be participating with a cohort of industry peers from throughout these regions.