Walter Strachan, RSW, PQS (F), CSC (F)
With 40+ years’ experience in the consulting engineering industry, Walter has worked in multiple roles, serving as department manager, project manager, corporate quality manager (ISO 9001), corporate risk manager, principal, director, and Chair of the Board at a major Atlantic Canada based engineering and environmental services company. Upon retirement from CBCL Limited, Walter opened Act 3 Advisory Services to continue a life-long obsession with all things related to project delivery in the design and construction industry.
Walter’s design and construction interest center around standard practices, project delivery methods, cost planning and control, risk management, and dispute resolution. These interests resulted in tenures as Chair, Canadian Design Build Institute (CDBI); President, Canadian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (CIQS); Chair, Canadian Construction Documents Committee (CCDC); and Board Member, Canadian Construction Association (CCA).He has also served on several significant Task Teams including MasterFormat; CSC/CSI Uniform Drawing Systems; and the Integrated Delivery (IPD) Task Team.
Walter is the 2021 recipient of the Nova Scotia Consulting Engineers (CENS) Distinguished Service Award.
- CCDC 14 & 15: Managing the Uniqueness of Design Build
- CCDC 5A/5B: Construction Management Keys to Success | Live, ONLINE
- CCDC Contracts: Supplementaries & Non-Standard Clauses | LIVE, ONLINE Training
- Managing CCDC Contracts for Project Success | LIVE, ONLINE Training
- Project Delivery Methods | LIVE, ONLINE Training