- Gold Seal Credits: 1
Last Planner System: Why it Works & How to Ensure Success | LIVE, ONLINE Training
Get a first-hand walk-through of the pull planning process and learn practical strategies for overcoming common challenges in implementing production planning in your projects.
2 Days, 4 Hours each day
James Johnston, P. Eng.
$599.99 excl. GST
No events to show
The Last Planner® System is a lean production planning system designed to produce predictable workflow and continuous improvement in construction. The system has proven to help teams deliver better projects in less time at a lower cost – but why is implementation so hard?
This course will discuss why productivity in construction struggles to improve and the problems that Last Planner System is designed to solve. You’ll walk through a pull planning exercise and see the concepts of the Last Planner® System in action. This course will also provide you with strategies to deal with difficult behaviours in planning meetings and show you how to create the culture necessary to support Lean and make it successful in your business and on your project site.
What Will You Learn?
This course will cover a detailed review of production planning, and practical strategies for overcoming common implementation challenges. Topics include:
- Lean principles: flow, waste, and variation
- Detailed review of Last Planner System
- Common implementation challenges
- Planning session exercise
- Speed, quality and budget: How to get all three
- The culture of Lean and team behaviours
- Assertively dealing with difficult personalities
Course Requirements (Technology & Participation)
This course requires face-to-face interaction and participation from both the instructor and students. In order to attend, you’ll must make sure you have the following:
- Computer or laptop with webcam (webcams are mandatory): This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, you must have a webcam and use a full computer/laptop, and we do not permit students to attend using a tablet or cell phone.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions: Please plan to be fully engaged in the class, and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program.
Live, Online, Instructor-led training facilitated by the instructor on the Zoom platform.
- Zoom Access information will be provided to you in advance of the training.
- You will be expected to have your webcam on during the class and participate in group discussions and other activities with your instructor and classmates during the course.
- Full attendance and participation in all scheduled sessions is mandatory for course completion. If a student misses a class session, we are unable to transfer registration or provide a partial refund of the registration fees.
This course is delivered in partnership with local construction associations across Canada. You will be participating with a cohort of industry peers from multiple regions.
Course Credits Information
1 Gold Seal Credit