- Gold Seal Credits: 1
Subcontractors’ Guide to Lean Construction | LIVE, ONLINE Training
Become a subcontractor of choice for Lean projects! This course will get you started using Lean on your projects immediately. Designed for all members of your team, including forepersons, superintendents, project managers and company owners.
2 Days, 3.5 Hours each day
James Johnston, P. Eng.
$599.99 excl. GST
No events to show
If Lean is new to you, now is the time to find out what it’s all about! Construction is becoming more competitive every day and many general contractors are turning to Lean Construction as a way to deliver quality projects on time and on budget. This course is an absolute must for all subcontractors and will help you understand what Lean Construction is, where subcontractors fit into the equation, and how you can really make Lean work for you. Start using Lean on your projects immediately and quickly become a subcontractor of choice for Lean projects!
What Will You Learn?
Course topics include:
- History of Lean – how it applies to construction
- Waste in Construction – learn to see hidden waste
- Workflow – why smooth is way more important than fast
- Subcontractor Benefit – how does Lean help you and your business
- Last Planner System – what it is, how it helps projects (and subs) and how to use it
Course Requirements (Technology & Participation)
This course requires face-to-face interaction and participation from both the instructor and students. In order to attend, you’ll must make sure you have the following:
- Computer or laptop with webcam (webcams are mandatory): This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, you must have a webcam and use a full computer/laptop, and we do not permit students to attend using a tablet or cell phone.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions: Please plan to be fully engaged in the class, and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program.
Live, Online, Instructor-led training facilitated by the instructor on the Zoom platform.
- Zoom Access information will be provided to you in advance of the training.
- You will be expected to have your webcam on during the class and participate in group discussions and other activities with your instructor and classmates during the course.
- Full attendance and participation in all scheduled sessions is mandatory for course completion. If a student misses a class session, we are unable to transfer registration or provide a partial refund of the registration fees.
This course is delivered in partnership with local construction associations across Canada. You will be participating with a cohort of industry peers from multiple regions.
Course Credits Information
1 Gold Seal Credit