Bonding & Insurance Basics | Live, ONLINE Training
Learn the basics of bonding and insurance in construction.
James Clapp, Carole Bissett
$99.99 excl. GST
No events to show
Improve your knowledge of risk management in construction projects and leave with a stronger understanding of common bonding and insurance requirements in tender and contract specifications. Project specific course of construction (builder’s risk) and wrap-up liability insurance will also be explained in detail. This session will also touch on recent changes to the new CCDC2 2020 contract.
What Will You Learn?
Bonding requirements for all stages of the tendering/contracting process will be covered, including:
- Bid bonds
- Consents of surety
- Performance bonds
- Labour & material payment bonds
- Maintenance/warranty bonds
- Recent changes and updates in CCDC 2 2020
Live, Online, Instructor-led training. This is a webinar/lecture-style session.
- You can expect about 90 minutes of instructional content with 30 minutes for questions and answers.
- This workshop is hosted on the Zoom platform. Access information and any course materials will be provided to you via email in advance of the training.
Course Requirements (Technology & Participation)
In order to attend, you’ll must make sure you have the following:
- Computer or laptop with webcam: This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, we do not recommend attend using a tablet or cell phone.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions: Please plan to be fully engaged in the class, and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program.
We recommend that students have experience working with construction contracts or familiarity with the language and content of construction contracts.
Those with less experience are welcome to attend but may find it hard to absorb and appreciate the material without prior experience or context.