Pipeline Construction Safety Training
Learn the safety requirements for working in the pipeline construction industry. Accessible on desktop, tablet, and mobile devices.
$100.00 excl. GST
ElearningComplete online at your own pace (Self-paced)
- $100.00 excl. GST
Designed for anyone working in the oil and gas pipeline construction industry. This course will familiarize you with the unique safety requirements associated with working in the pipeline construction industry -from construction to inspection.
What Will You Learn?
By the end of the course, you will:
- Understand the rights and responsibilities of workers and employers.
- Learn how to recognize, assess, and control hazards on the worksite.
- Identify front-end hazards associated with drilling and excavating.
- Understand hazards associated with drilling and hoisting equipment and learn to communicate them to others.
- Identify safe practices associated with pipe, including preparation, bending, assembly, coating, and inspection.
- Understand traffic control protocols, working safely in confined spaces and at heights, and how to use lock-out and tagging devices.
- Identify hazards associated with noise, air quality, the environment, and electricity.
- Learn the importance of the safe operation of construction vehicles and heavy equipment.
- Understand WHMIS and learn how to use personal protective equipment.
- Learn about emergency response plans, first aid resources, and incident reporting procedures.
Certificate Expiry Period
Note: A 5-year expiry period applies to courses completed on/after January 1, 2014. Courses completed before January 1, 2014 have a 3-year expiry period.
- Self-paced e-learning course
- Course content contains interactive elements, scenarios, videos, and quizzes to reinforce learning
- About 5 hours of self-paced instruction
- A final mark of 100% is required in order to receive a certificate of completion. The final test will be multiple-choice, and if you don’t succeed on your first attempt, you can continue to re-take the test until you pass. Your course completion certificate will not be released until you successfully complete the final test with a score of 100%.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Computers: Windows, Apple
- Smartphones/Tablets: Android, Apple
Compatible Internet Browsers:
- Google Chrome, Safari, Microsoft Edge, Firefox
Internet connection is required
- Course access is not immediate. Please plan for up to 24-48 hours before you gain course access.
- You will receive an email from our Training & Education Team within 24-48 hours with login information and instructions on how to access your course.
- If you have purchased your course on a weekend or holiday, we will email you your access information within 24-48 hours of the next regular business day.
No Refunds or Cancellations
Online course orders and purchases are a final sale. Once your sale or order is placed, we cannot provide a refund or cancel your purchase. Please ensure that you are purchasing the correct training before placing your order or making your purchase.
This course is delivered through BuildForce Canada’s E-Learning Centre. BuildForce Canada provides Canada’s construction and maintenance industry with the information and resources it needs to meet and manage its workforce requirements. Focusing on three key areas — labour market information, recruitment and retention, and e-learning and skills development - their programs and initiatives have helped the industry build the capacity and capability required to meet current and future workforce demand since 2001. Learn more about BuildForce Canada online at www.buildforce.ca