- Gold Seal Credits: 2
- Licensed Residential Builder CPD Points: 4
Introduction to Construction Estimating
Gain the knowledge and skills required to visualize the scope and magnitude of a construction project and produce accurate and reliable estimates in this introductory course. Accessible on desktop, tablet, and mobile devices.
$150.00 excl. GST
ElearningComplete online at your own pace (Self-paced)
- $150.00 excl. GST
To ensure project success, contractors must be able to provide accurate and professional estimates of costing and materials. This course will help you gain the knowledge and skills required to visualize the scope and magnitude of a construction project and produce accurate and reliable estimates. Course work includes reviewing drawings through various phases of a project with the aim of determining the quantity and type of materials required for the project.
What Will You Learn?
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Have a good understanding of how to produce accurate and professional estimates
- Know site-specific conditions and regulatory requirements
- Know how to handle the purchasing and logistics associated with materials on the job
- Know how to manage materials on site
- Organize cost data in a clear and logical manner
- Keep historical information related to costs (including those associated with labour, material, overhead, equipment and availability of required items)
- Know how and when to update historical information related to costs
- Assemble bids and meet bid closure deadlines
- Provide on-site solutions to work-related problems in relation to equipment and material placement
- Self-paced e-learning course
- Course content contains interactive elements, scenarios, videos, and quizzes to reinforce learning
- About 4 hours of self-paced instruction
- A final mark of 100% is required in order to receive a certificate of completion. The final test will be multiple-choice, and if you don’t succeed on your first attempt, you can continue to re-take the test until you pass. Your course completion certificate will not be released until you successfully complete the final test with a score of 100%.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Computers: Windows, Apple
- Smartphones/Tablets: Android, Apple
Compatible Internet Browsers:
- Google Chrome, Safari, Microsoft Edge, Firefox
Internet connection is required
- Course access is not immediate. Please plan for up to 24-48 hours before you gain course access.
- You will receive an email from our Training & Education Team within 24-48 hours with login information and instructions on how to access your course.
- If you have purchased your course on a weekend or holiday, we will email you your access information within 24-48 hours of the next regular business day.
No Refunds or Cancellations
Online course orders and purchases are a final sale. Once your sale or order is placed, we cannot provide a refund or cancel your purchase. Please ensure that you are purchasing the correct training before placing your order or making your purchase.
This course is delivered through BuildForce Canada’s E-Learning Centre. BuildForce Canada provides Canada’s construction and maintenance industry with the information and resources it needs to meet and manage its workforce requirements. Focusing on three key areas — labour market information, recruitment and retention, and e-learning and skills development - their programs and initiatives have helped the industry build the capacity and capability required to meet current and future workforce demand since 2001. Learn more about BuildForce Canada online at www.buildforce.ca
Course Credits Information
- Gold Seal: 2 Credits
- Licensed Residential Builders: 4 CPD Points, Informal*
- *Disclaimer: CPD Points may be subject to change by BC Housing. Always verify CPD points for yourself.
- BC Housing Education Portal: https://www.bccsa.ca/index.php?id=119
- BC Housing Licensing & Consumer Services: https://www.bchousing.org/licensing-consumer-services/builder-licensing/