- Gold Seal Credits: 5
- Licensed Residential Builder CPD Points: 14
Learn the basic skills and concepts required to supervise a crew in any sector of the construction industry (residential, institutional, commercial, industrial, and civil). Accessible on desktop, tablet, and mobile devices.
$400.00 excl. GST
ElearningComplete online at your own pace (Self-paced)
- $400.00 excl. GST
This course is designed for supervisors and foremen, or any individual who wants to become a First Level Supervisor. This course will help you develop the critical basic skills you need to supervise a crew in in any sector of the construction industry (residential, institutional, commercial, industrial, and civil). Learn how to manage people, communicate effectively, maximize productivity and quality, and ensure a job gets done on time, on budget, and safely.
What Will You Learn?
By the end of this course you will gain the tools you need to help you:
- Build your supervisory skills
- Lead a work crew
- Communicate effectively
- Understand the supervisor’s role in safety and due diligence
- Develop and motivate teams
- Address performance issues
Detailed Course Outline
- Lesson 1: Role of a Supervisor
- Lesson 2: Listen to Understand
- Lesson 3: Communicate Verbally and Non-Verbally
- Lesson 4: Write for the Reader
- Lesson 5: Communicate Across Cultures
- Lesson 6: Lead and Develop Your Team
- Lesson 7: Motivate Your Team
- Lesson 8: Mentor Your Team
- Lesson 9: Create a Respectful Workplace
- Lesson 10: Working in a Diverse Workplace
- Lesson 11: Ethical Behavior
- Lesson 12: Understand Sources of Conflict
- Lesson 13: Resolve Conflict
- Lesson 14: Manage Your Time
- Lesson 15: Plan and Organize Your Work
- Lesson 16: Schedule the Work
- Lesson 17: Worksite Relationships
- Lesson 18: Productivity
- Lesson 19: Maintain Quality
- Lesson 20: Human Resources
- Lesson 21: Corrective Action
- Lesson 22: Personal Challenges
- Lesson 23: Meetings
- Lesson 24: Safety Prevention
- Lesson 25: Safety Incidents
- Lesson 26: Conclusion
- Self-paced e-learning course
- Course content contains interactive elements, scenarios, videos, and quizzes to reinforce learning
- 26 lessons for a total of about 14 hours of self-paced instruction
- A final mark of 100% is required in order to receive a certificate of completion. The final test will be multiple-choice, and if you don’t succeed on your first attempt, you can continue to re-take the test until you pass. Your course completion certificate will not be released until you successfully complete the final test with a score of 100%.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Computers: Windows, Apple
- Smartphones/Tablets: Android, Apple
Compatible Internet Browsers:
- Google Chrome, Safari, Microsoft Edge, Firefox
Internet connection is required
- Course access is not immediate. Please plan for up to 24-48 hours before you gain course access.
- You will receive an email from our Training & Education Team within 24-48 hours with login information and instructions on how to access your course.
- If you have purchased your course on a weekend or holiday, we will email you your access information within 24-48 hours of the next regular business day.
No Refunds or Cancellations
Online course orders and purchases are a final sale. Once your sale or order is placed, we cannot provide a refund or cancel your purchase. Please ensure that you are purchasing the correct training before placing your order or making your purchase.
This course is delivered through BuildForce Canada’s E-Learning Centre. BuildForce Canada provides Canada’s construction and maintenance industry with the information and resources it needs to meet and manage its workforce requirements. Focusing on three key areas — labour market information, recruitment and retention, and e-learning and skills development - their programs and initiatives have helped the industry build the capacity and capability required to meet current and future workforce demand since 2001. Learn more about BuildForce Canada online at www.buildforce.ca
Course Credits Information
Gold Seal: 5 Credits
Licensed Residential Builders: 14 CPD Points, Informal