- Gold Seal Credits: 1
This course will teach you how to apply Lean principles throughout the life of a project with a focus on Takt time and Last Planner System implementation strategies. Using a virtual workflow simulation, you’ll learn how to apply Lean Construction tools and walk away with the ability to begin implementing Lean tools on your projects immediately.
2 Days, 4 Hours Each Day
James Johnston, P. Eng.
$699.99 excl. GST
No events to show
Projects with a variety of contracting arrangements carry significant risk to the project stakeholders in terms of both cost and schedule. The potential for strained relationships developing between the owner, contractor and sub-trades exists which often results in conflicts. When this occurs, we see an increased level of waste on the project and adversely affected schedules and budgets.
To mitigate these issues, a disciplined and consistent effort to control workflow variation, reduce waste, increase productivity and drive continuous improvement is required. As part of an overall program to implement Lean strategies across a large organization, providing key members of the Project Execution teams with a workshop on the fundamentals of site level Lean tools is critical.
This course will walk you through the history and evolution of Lean Construction and demonstrate how to apply Lean principles throughout the life of a project with a focus on Takt time and Last Planner System implementation strategies. Using a virtual workflow simulation, you’ll learn how to use Lean Construction tools and leave with the ability to begin implementing Lean tools on your projects immediately.
This workshop is also ideally suited for initial project team training as it ensures that all stakeholders have the same base level of Lean knowledge.
- History of Lean
- Eliminating Waste
- Production in Construction & Takt Time
- The Impact of Workflow Variation
- Last Planner® System Implementation Strategies
- Live, Online, Instructor-led training
- This course is facilitated by the instructor on the Zoom platform. Access information will be provided to you in advance of the training.
- Full attendance and participation in all sessions is mandatory for course completion. If a student misses a class session, we are unable to transfer registration or provide a partial refund of the registration fees.
- This course is delivered in partnership with local construction associations. You will be participating with a cohort of industry peers from multiple regions.
Course Requirements (Technology & Participation)
Please ensure you meet the following requirements:
- Computer or laptop with webcam and microphone. Webcams are required. This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, you must have a webcam and use a full computer/laptop, and we do not permit students to attend using a tablet or cell phone.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions: Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program.