- Gold Seal Credits: 2
Finance & Accounting for Non-Financial Managers | Live, ONLINE
Many contractors have labour productivity concerns, high overhead costs, below-budget profits and one continuous headache with cash-flow. If you’re responsible for any aspect of profitability in your company and you’ve never been trained to read, produce and analyze financial reports, you need to take this course to discover where expenses and profits are hiding. This course will teach you your numbers and how to use them.
$749.99 excl. GST
No events to show
Many contractors have labour productivity concerns, high overhead costs, below-budget profits and one continuous headache with cash-flow. If you’re responsible for any aspect of profitability in your company and you’ve never been trained to read, produce and analyze financial reports, you need to take this course to discover where expenses and profits are hiding. This course teaches you your numbers and how to use them.
This course focuses on non-financial managers in the construction industry and guides project managers, coordinators, estimators, field superintendents, owners and senior managers through the financial and measurement techniques needed to manage their contracting businesses.
This is not a sit and listen event. This is an interactive course with hands-on exercises that walk you through each step of the financial process. Plus, you will walk away with a comprehensive course manual filled with the methods and strategies you need for your business.
Attendance is encouraged for those wishing to learn the fundamentals of finance and accounting, to interpret and react to financial signals, to review, calculate and discuss financial performance tools and to gain a new sense of confidence when dealing with financial professionals. In the past ten years, over 1,700 construction personnel have benefited from this course.
What Will You Learn?
- Key strategies to improve profits, reduce/control costs and increase cash flow
- Understanding the elements of profit-making
- Managing labour productivity
- Understanding the causes and solutions of the skilled trades shortage
- Effective human resource policies and procedures
- Identifying new technology to improve productivity
- Understanding the risks and potential errors in estimating
- Controlling and/or reducing overhead costs
- Ensuring that billings and change orders are controlled
- Improving AR collections
- Live, Online, Instructor-led training
- This course is facilitated by the instructor on the Zoom platform. Access information will be provided to you in advance of the training.
- Full attendance and participation in all sessions is mandatory for course completion. If a student misses a class session, we are unable to transfer registration or provide a partial refund of the registration fees.
- This course is delivered in partnership with local construction associations. You will be participating with a cohort of industry peers from multiple regions.
Course Requirements (Technology & Participation)
Please ensure you meet the following requirements:
- Computer or laptop with webcam and microphone. Webcams are required. This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, you must have a webcam and use a full computer/laptop, and we do not permit students to attend using a tablet or cell phone.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions: Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program.