The Vancouver Island Construction Association and our partners are dedicated to helping you navigate through these difficult times.
Everyone 12+ in British Columbia is eligible to book a vaccine.
Vaccination is our best and most effective tool against COVID-19. These vaccines are safe, effective and registering and booking is a simple and quick process.
Take three easy steps closer to the end of the pandemic:
- Register: Anyone aged 12+ can register now. Go to www.getvaccinated.gov.bc.ca or call 1-833-838-2323. The process only takes about 2 minutes.
- Book: You will get an email, text or phone call inviting you to make an appointment. By May 16 everyone 18+ will be able to book an appointment. Registering now will ensure you get your spot in line.
- Get your vaccine: Clinics are set up in communities across Vancouver Island, including weekend and evening hours.
- COVID-19 Control and Prevention Policy (November 2020 Update)
- Illness Guidelines
- List of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) — Fighting Products
- Site Protocols – Jobsite perimeter posting
- Worksite Entry Questionaire
- Defending Your Business in Extraordinary Times
- Five Considerations for Real Estate Businesses during COVID-19
- The Benefits of a Comprehensive Life Map
- Your Corporate Financial Health and the COVID-19 Crisis
- Protect Your Family Business with Three Key Actions
B.C. Government Resources and Announcements
- [April 19th 2021] Travel Advisory Announcement
- [April 19th 2021] Updated Restrictions
B.C. Construction Safety Alliance
- BCCSA Response | Resource & Signage
- Managing a pandemic on site
- Prevention procedures while working on a construction Site
- Pandemic handwashing station on a construction site
- What to do when physical distancing is not possible
- COVID-19 Health Screening Tool
- Presumed COVID-19 case on-site procedures
- Hazard Assessment and control
- Workers Sharing Accommodation
- COVID-19 FAQs
Mental Health Resources
- BCCSA – Mental Health Support for Workers
- Canadian Mental Health Association – COVID-19 and mental Health
- Living with worry and anxiety amidst global uncertainty
Association Updates & Resources
Updated — The Canadian Construction Association has published the fourth version of the COVID-19 Standardized Protocols for All Canadian Construction Sites. Click here to view
To help you and your company, with special thanks to the Alberta Construction Association, a Construction Pandemic Planning Tool has been developed to help you establish policies and procedures for your construction site. Click here to view.
Contract & Legal Resources
- PD Stover | COVID 19 and WorkSafeBC claims
- Jenkins Marzban Logan LLP | Construction Contracts and COVID-19
- Gowling WLG Law | COVID-19 What should I do on my construction project, right now?
- NECI | COVID-19 & Force Majeure Clauses
- Peck Law | COVID-19 – Guidance for Contractors
- NECI | Updates from the Canadian Bar Association & Blakes Law Firm
- Jenkins Marzban Logan LLP |CCDC 2 – Stipulated Price Contract
This is information only and is not offered and should not be treated as legal advice.
During these unprecedented times, our association is actively looking to represent and support your business. In order for us to do this, we’re asking for you to proactively communicate the impacts you’re experiencing. Please consider taking this BC Construction Association (BCCA) survey to keep us informed on your behalf: