Updates on the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19), including health and safety tips and guidelines for employers.
The Vancouver Island Construction Association and our partners are dedicated to helping you navigate through these difficult times.
We are pleased to announce that VICA instructor Mark Taylor has offered his services, free of charge, to any VICA members who may be looking for resources/assistance with their crisis response or business continuation planning. You can contact Mark via email here.
To help communicate best practices for keeping COVID-19 off job-sites and offices VICA has provided a bulletin to keep you and your employees informed. Click here to view
To help you and your company, with special thanks to the Alberta Construction Association, a Construction Pandemic Planning Tool has been developed to help you establish policies and procedures for your construction site. Click here to view.
For a step-by-step guideline for employees transitioning to Employment Insurance click here
Please view links below for valuable information for employers and employees regarding COVID-19.
B.C. Construction Safety Alliance
- [March 24th] BCCSA Response | Resource & Signage
Mental Health Resources
- [March 25] BCCSA - Mental Health Support for Workers
- [March 25] Canadian Mental Health Association - COVID-19 and mental Health
- [March 25] Living with worry and anxiety amidst global uncertainty
Government Updates & Resources
Provincial Government Updates & Resources
- [March 26th] B.C. Government Declares Construction Essential Service
Expand the last drop-down bar to view "list of essential services in B.C. during COVID-19 pandemic"
- [March 23rd] B.C Government — Guidance to construction sites operating during COVID-19
- [March 23rd] B.C. Government COVID-19 Action Plan
- [March 18th] BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool
Federal Government Updates & Resources
- [March 21st] Federal Government's COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
- [March 27th] Resources for Canadian Businesses
- [March 23rd] COVID-19 - Employment and Social Development Canada (Employment Insurance, Labour Program & Federally regulated workplaces, Work-sharing program)
- [March 23rd] Canadian Federal Government information guide
- [March 23rd] Technical guidance for communities, schools/daycares, health professionals and business
Association Updates & Resources
The Canadian Construction Association has published the first version of the COVID-19 Standardized Protocols for All Canadian Construction Sites. Click here to view
- [March 24th] B.C. Construction Association Important update regarding COVID-19
- [March 27th] Canadian Construction Association calling on federal government for action in support of industry and its workers
- [March 23rd] Canadian Construction Association: Pandemic Preparedness Guide
- [March 12th] Canadian Construction Association: Coronavirus and supply chain implications in construction webinar
- [March 20th] Canadian Chamber of Commerce: COVID-19 Pandemic Preparedness for Business
- [March 18th] VICA CEO, Rory Kulmala message regarding COVID-19
- [March 23rd] WorkSafeBC COVID-19 Announcement
- [March 18th] Gowling WLG Law | COVID-19 What should I do on my construction project, right now?
- [March 20th] PD Stover | COVID 19 and WorkSafeBC claims
- [March 17th] NECI | COVID-19 & Force Majeure Clauses
- [March 13th] Peck Law | COVID-19 - Guidance for Contractors
- [March 16th] NECI | Updates from the Canadian Bar Association & Blakes Law Firm
- [March 17th] Jenkins Marzban Logan LLP |CCDC 2 - Stipulated Price Contract
This is information only and is not offered and should not be treated as legal advice.
During these unprecedented times, our association is actively looking to represent and support your business. In order for us to do this, we're asking for you to proactively communicate the impacts you're experiencing. Please consider taking this BC Construction Association (BCCA) survey to keep us informed on your behalf:
CONTACT US ABOUT COVID-19