DID YOU KNOW: The average starting wage in construction is between $15 and $18 per hour.
The Vancouver Island Construction Association’s Construct Your Future program provides an opportunity to learn about construction roles, responsibilities, and safety requirements, while gaining industry knowledge. Everyone that graduated through our first intake is still working in the field. Our second intake graduates on August 17th and we're now recruiting for our third program intake, starting September 10th.
After six weeks of basic training, you will be placed into a three-week paid work experience term. This term will get you on site with an employer to gain real work experience in a supportive environment.
What's in it for you?
- 10 weeks of industry training and experience
- 6 weeks of interactive training
- 3 weeks of paid work experience
- 1 week of additional job search support
- Cash bonus upon completion of program
- Transportation allowance
- Steel toe boots and other safety gear
- Breakfast and lunch provided on classroom days
- Direct connection with industry employers
Plus, several industry certicates, including:
- Fall Protection Training
- Construction Safety Training System
- Confined Space and Entry
- WHMIS 2015
- OFA First Aid Level 1
- Personal Protective Equipment Training
- Ladder Safety
- HILTI - Qualified Operator of Power-Actuated Tools
* There is no cost for participants.*
In partnership with the:
Photos from Constructing Your Future 2016-2017