The Vancouver Island Construction Association’s Construct Your Future program provides an opportunity to learn about construction roles, responsibilities, and safety requirements, while gaining industry knowledge. We're now recruiting for our first program intake, starting May 7, 2018.
After six weeks of basic training, you will be placed into a three-week paid work experience term. This term will get you on site with an employer to gain real work experience in a supportive environment.
What's in it for you?
- 10 weeks of industry training and experience
- weekly stipend for 6 weeks of interactive training
- 3 weeks of paid work experience
- 1 week of additional job search support
- Transportation allowance
- Steel toe boots and other safety gear
- Breakfast and lunch provided on classroom days
- Direct connection with industry employers
Plus, several industry certicates, including:
- Fall Protection Training
- Construction Safety Training System
- WHMIS 2015
- OFA First Aid Level 1
- Personal Protective Equipment Training
- Ladder Safety
* There is no cost for participants.*
In partnership with the:
Photos from Constructing Your Future 2016-2017