DID YOU KNOW: The average starting wage in construction is between $16 and $20 per hour.
The Vancouver Island Construction Association’s Construct Your Future program provides an opportunity for 18 to 24 year olds to learn about the many career paths in construction, as well as the roles, responsibilities, and safety requirements. The best part? It's FREE and you get paid to learn about this dynamic industry.
After eight weeks of in-class and on-site training, we will help you find long-time, lucrative employment with a local construction company. Contact us today to start your career in construction!
Our next program starts January 27, 2020!
"The involvement of VICA Members and meeting them added so much value to the program. The certifications by themselves are great, but it's really a testimony to VICA as an organization that these companies are willing to come meet with us, and spend their time to share their experiences."
- Woody Morrison, graduate, employed by VICA Member Knappett Projects since April 2017.
What's in it for you?
- 8 weeks of paid training at $10 / hour: interactive in-class training and integrated on-site training
- Job search support and interview skills training
- Direct connection with industry employers
- Transportation allowance
- Daycare support
- Steel toe boots and other safety gear (PPE)
- Breakfast and lunch provided on classroom days
Walk away with:
- Construction terminology and basic trades math
- Hands-on tool training and fitness training for the jobsite
- Introduction to blueprint reading and site surveying
- Fall Protection Training Certificate
- Construction Safety Training System Certificate
- Confined Space Entry Certificate
- Ladder Safety Certificate
- WHMIS 2015 Certificate
- Workplace Violence & Harrassment Certficate
- Occupational First Aid Level 1 Certificate (and more!)