The construction industry is a dynamic industry to be a part of and there are plenty of opportunities out there, including career paths that aren’t widely known.
WHY WORK IN CONSTRUCTION?
- Job opportunities are aplenty and baby boomers are retiring!
- The money is there; the average entry level job pays above B.C.'s minimum wage.
- Every day is a new experience: every project is different and every task is a new learning opportunity.
- There's room for growth; develop your skills and climb your way up that construction ladder!
- Because you like working with your hands and seeing projects from concept to completion.
TYPES OF NON-RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION
- Industrial: power plants, refineries, nuclear plants, mines, mills, oil sands installations
- Civil: roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, pipelines, water treatment systems, telecommunications, light rail transit
- Institutional & Commercial: condos, offices, stadiums, schools, hospitals, malls, libraries, galleries, museums
If you are an employer seeking skilled workers, or if you are seeking work in B.C.'s construction sector, VICA and the BCCA offer a full range of employment programs. Learn more below, and check out our industry-specific job centre.
Jobs & Careers
BECOME A MEMBER TODAY!
The construction industry is a dynamic and exciting realm that faces both unique challenges and extraordinary opportunities. By joining VICA, you not only build your business, but you also build up the industry you're proud to be a part of.JOIN NOW