Interested in the construction industry? So are we!
The construction industry is a dynamic industry to be a part of and there are plenty of opportunities out there, including career paths that aren’t widely known. Programs like our Youth Constructing a Future (YCF) Program are designed to fill the skilled trades gap by providing young adults with the knowledge, training, and opportunities they need to be job ready for the construction industry.
WHY WORK IN CONSTRUCTION?
- Job opportunities are aplenty and baby boomers are retiring!
- The money is there; the average entry level job pays above BC's minimum wage.
- Every day is a new experience: every project is different and every task is a new learning opportunity.
- There's room for growth; develop your skills and climb your way up that construction ladder!
- Because you like working with your hands and can't imagine working in an office (unless it involves constructing)
TYPES OF NON-RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION
Industrial Construction includes power plants, refineries, nuclear plants, mines, mills, and oil sands installations.
Civil Construction includes roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, pipelines, water treatment systems, telecommunications, and light rail transit.
Institutional and Commercial Construction includes high-rise condos, office towers, stadiums, schools, hospitals, malls, libraries, art galleries, and museums.
If you are an employer seeking skilled workers, or if you are seeking work in BC's construction sector, VICA and the BCCA offer a full range of employment programs and services through YCF, STEP, ITA, and WorkBC. Learn more below and connect with us today. Our JOB BOARD will be coming soon!
Jobs & Careers
BECOME A MEMBER TODAY!
The construction industry is a dynamic and exciting realm that faces both unique challenges and extraordinary opportunities. By joining VICA, you not only build your business, but you also build up the industry you're proud to be a part of.JOIN NOW