Established in 2013 by local industry leaders, WiC Victoria’s focus is to promote and support female participation in the construction industry. Throughout our events, we have been fortunate in hosting a diverse group of women (and occasionally men) from accountants to engineers.
Each event is bigger and better than the last thanks to all the support from our sponsors, tour guides, event hosts, and especially our members. Our Victoria Chapter currently has 552 members, and we average about 40 attendees at our events. Although events are intended to be educational, informative, with a focus on personal growth — it is the social interactions with like-minded women which feels just as valuable. WiC Victoria events occur on the last Wednesday of every month.
- To develop an informal network among women in the construction community.
- To provide career and personal development opportunities.
- To connect women and their supporters throughout the construction community.
- To promote a career in construction to the next generation.
Women in Construction (WiC) is proudly promoted and supported by the Vancouver Island Construction Association.
Nominations for the WiC Executive Committee are now open until October 30th. Take your WiC Victoria membership to the next level and become a leader in the construction industry! See link below for the nomination form!
Interested in sponsoring an event?
- Logo on the save the date, registration, and reminder emails;
- Logo on the registration page;
- Option to speak for five (5) minutes at the start of the meeting; and
- Option to distribute promo or marketing information to the group;
WiC Victoria Leadership Team
|Kathy Price, Chair||Knappett Projects Inc.|
|Leslie Myers, Past Chair||number TEN Architecture Group.|
|Jessica Sidhu, Sponsorship/Communications||Kinetic Construction|
|Renee Olsen, Sponsorship/Communications||Westurban Development|
|Jenna van Nostrand, Outreach/Events||Flynn Canada Ltd.|
|Aimee North, Outreach/Events||Campbell Construction Ltd.|
|Bonnie-Lynn Ceriko, Secretary||BC Construction Association|
|Jayna Wiewiorowski, Team Lead||Camosun College (WITT)|
|Karen Dadd, TBA||Durwest Construction Management|
|Joelle Belanger, TBA||Pinchin Ltd.|
|Keri Ellis, TBA||Trades Labour Corp. (TLC)|