Where is VICA located?
- In Victoria, we are at 1075 Alston St. Click here to see a map.
- In Nanaimo, we are at #5-1850 Northfield Rd. Click here to see a map.
What are you hours of operation?
- The Victoria Office is open Monday – Friday from 7:30am–4:00pm. We are closed for all Statutory Holidays.
- The Nanaimo Office is open Monday – Friday from 7:30am–4:00pm. We are closed for all Statutory Holidays.
How many members does VICA have?
- We currently represent 450+ members across Vancouver Island.
What services does VICA provide to its members?
- You can grow, learn, connect, and save with us! Learn more about how a VICA membership can benefit you!
Who can join the Vancouver Island Construction Association?
We have different levels of membership, including Industry, Professional Services, Associate, Public Owner, Student/Apprentice, and BidCentral Premium.
- Industry Membership consists of general contractors, trade contractors, manufacturers, and suppliers.
- Associate Membership is offered to individuals or corporations who are private or public building owners or their agents; purchasers of construction services; government agencies; design, accounting or legal professionals; banking or financial service providers; or other product or service providers to the construction industry.
- To learn more about the other levels of membership, please go to our VICA Membership page.
How do I become a VICA Member?
- Becoming a member is easy. Fill out our application form online and it will be sent to us for approval! JOIN NOW!
What is BidCentral?
- BidCentral is a suite of web-based products and services for the complete construction bidding process. Rooted in industry standards and expertise, it boasts an array of tools and features that help owners, consultants, contractors, and suppliers save time and money and reduce risks during the bidding and construction processes. Interested bidders can track project opportunities and documents; view, download, print or order plans, specs, and addenda; and do on screen take-offs. Owners and consultants can benefit from enhanced control and an audit trail.
Why provide tender documents to VICA AND post in BidCentral?
- VICA encourages the use of BidCentral in order to increase competition from qualified bidders and to manage risk during the bidding and construction processes. Our 450+ members represent 90% of the institutional, commercial, industrial, and multi-family high rise sector of the industry on the island. They rely on VICA to source construction bidding opportunitites from a variety of sources and provide access to them in our Nanaimo or Victoria planrooms, and in BidCentral.
Can Non-Members use VICA Services?
- Yes, some services are offered at a non-member rate, such as our Training & Education program.