December 21 Update - Sold Out
This course is now sold out, thanks for your interest! Check out our next upcoming session date in February if you'd like to register:
You face ethical grey areas every day and this course will give you the tools you need to respond effectively! Through practical, hands-on examples, you will learn the core principles of ethical behaviour and gain the skills to evaluate situations and make decisions using an ethical framework.
Designed to help you engage the principles of ethical practices in your real-world work, by the end of this course, you will be able to conduct and analyze a risk assessment, communicate about ethics with your team and spot and respond to unethical behavior appropriately.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Connect personal experiences to the core principles of ethical behaviour
- Explore how to be socially responsible, how to acquire social license, and learn the value of social responsibility
- Conduct a risk assessment and analyze its components
- Make decisions using an ethical framework
- Evaluate decisions from an ethical point of view
- Communicate about ethics with your team and external company contacts
- Identify unethical behavior and take appropriate action
- You must purchase and complete the self-paced, online, Construction Industry Ethics companion course before attending this live training.
- Purchase and register for the prerequisite course HERE
- Live, Online, Instructor-led training with a class size of 12-16 students.
- This course is facilitated by the instructor on the Zoom platform. Access information from the instructor will be provided to you in advance of the orientation and training.
- Orientation Session:
- Thursday, January 7: 12:30-1:00pm
- Two (2) morning sessions (3.5 hours each) over two days:
- Day 1: Thursday, January 14: 8:00-11:30am
- Day 2: Friday, January 15: 8:00-11:30am
- Attendance and participation in both course sessions is mandatory for course completion. *Please note that If a student misses a class session, we are unable to transfer registration or provide a partial refund of the registration fees.
Course Requirements (Technology & Participation)
This course requires full face-to-face interaction and participation from both the instructor and students. In order to attend, you must have the following:
- Computer or laptop with webcam (webcams are mandatory): This course will involve 100% on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, you must have a webcam and use a full computer/laptop, and we do not permit students to attend using a tablet or cell phone.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions: Please plan to be fully engaged in the class, and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program.
This course is offered in partnership with construction associations across Western Canada and you'll be participating with a cohort with peers from throughout the region.