November 7 Update - Cancelled & Winter/Spring 2019 Sessions
Due to low registrations, we had to cancel this course. Thanks for your interest and don't despair - you have a couple of options!
- 2019 Sessions - Register for one of the next sessions coming up in Victoria and Nanaimo in 2019
Exclusive VICA Member Pricing: Pay only $399/registration (SAVE $300!) when you register more than one person! Call us to register and receive this special discount: 1-877-847-6471
Who should take this course?
Planning for Foreman is designed for foremen of all levels of experience and all trades. It also serves as a good back-to-basics refresher for superintendents.
What will you learn?
Strengthen your skill (and value to your company) by gaining a strong foundation in practical task planning. Working with hands-on, practical exercises, you will practice working through the various elements needed to put together a complete activity plan for your crew. Course topics include calculating manpower needs, determining material and equipment needs, building quality and safety into your plan and much more!
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Identify the benefits of planning and why we do it
- Understand what planning is, who should do it, what we should plan and when
- Follow the Planning Cycle of Plan, Do, Check, Act
- Know where to gather the information you'll need to put together a solid plan
- Plan task activities for your crew including:
- Safety considerations
- Quality controls
- Manpower needs
- Material needs
- Equipment needs
- Working with other trades
- 2 week lookahead schedules
- Monitor and correct/ update your plan if it goes off track
- Communicate your plan to others
- Use the take-away course templates to develop your own work plans and 2 week lookahead schedules
- Gather your own useful historical information to improve your future plans.
Course fee includes: Pizza supper, digital certificate provided upon successful course completion, and course material provided by the instructor in-class.
Course format: Three, in-class, 2.5 hour sessions featuring instructor presentation, interactive class discussions, and practical, hands-on, group exercises.
Partner Discount Pricing:
Are you a member with one of our partner associations below? Call us directly to access partner pricing on our courses. Make sure to tell us which association you belong to when you call! (1-877-847-6471)
- ECABC (Electrical Contractors Association of BC)
- VRBA (Victoria Residential Builders Association)
VICA Member Discounts:
VICA members - please login to the website before you register in order to receive your VICA member price on registration! OR Call us directly for an exclusive VICA member discount - pay only $399/registration (SAVE $300!) on this course when you register more than one person! (1-877-847-6471)