VICA Members: Contact us for special promo pricing on select courses the week of February 12-16, 2018.
Register two (2) or more people and save even more! You'll pay just $299 for this course. Regular VICA Member price: $359. Public price: $499. Give us a call today! 1-877-847-6471
Make the most of your time! Get a grip on your workload and create a constant focus on your priorities.
Time is money, the saying goes, but we lose so much through disorganization and disruption. The constant barrage of technology, people, and tasks in our workplaces creates a challenge when it comes to prioritizing. Many of us jump from one task to another throughout the day, trying to get everything done, and leave work feeling frustrated and overloaded.
Who should take this course?
If you’re feeling overwhelmed, or just want to be better organized and improve your focus, this course is for you. Excellent course for new and aspiring leaders and supervisors.
What will you learn?
In this course, you will learn how to make the most of your time. You’ll learn how to get a grip on your work flow, and organise your physical and digital workspace. This course will also give you practical tools and tips for creating a system to track all your priorities, as well as for effectively delegating tasks to others.
By the end of this course, you will learn how to:
- Better assess and execute workload priorities on a consistent basis
- Better organize yourself & your workspaces (physical & digital) for peak performance
- Make time in your schedule for the “important” vs the “urgent”
- Understand the importance of setting and achieving goals
- Know how to delegate effectively
- Apply techniques for overcoming procrastination
- Take control of the things that derail your productivity
Introduction and Course Overview
- Identifying personal challenges to achieving optimum productivity
- Setting personal learning objectives
The Power of Change
- The importance of focusing on results and not activities
- The benefits of applying time management best practices
- Time Management Survey (Identifying beliefs & behaviors)
Changing our perspective
- Applying Eisenhower's Urgent/Important Principle
- Avoiding the "activity trap"
- Focusing on the important while managing the urgent
- Mindfulness: Debunking the multi-tasking myth
The importance of setting goals
- Creating SMART goals
- Planning Tips and Techniques
- Promoting Focus and Productivity
- Becoming more proactive and less reactive
- Setting-up a daily routine
Putting an end to procrastination
- Understanding why we procrastinate
- 3 steps to overcoming procrastination
- Eating the frog!
- Organizing your physical workspace
- Organizing your digital workspace
- Creating and organizing collection systems
- Applying the Workload and Information Management System
Managing your workload
- The workload analysis
- The importance of Work/Life balance
- Six steps of effective task delegation
Course fee includes: Lunch, digital certificate provided upon successful course completion, and course material provided by the instructor in-class.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
How hard will the course be? It has been a few years since I attended a course.
- VICA's courses are designed for working professionals just like you! Our training programs are for your professional development, and focus on increasing your knowledge as well as helping you improve on-the-job skills. This is not a rigorous academic course.
When do I get my course certificate?
- Course certificates are typically emailed to students 4-6 weeks after the course is completed.
*If you are a member of VRBA (Victoria Residential Builders Association), please call to receive our partner discount on your registration.
*If you are a VICA member, please remember to login to the website to receive member pricing on your registration. VICA members save over 30% on their course registration fee!