What our students say:
- "Improved my ability to communicate about ethics at the job site."
- "Great eye opener!"
- "Good discussions and opportunity to talk in a group about how ethics applies to daily situations."
Who should take this course?
This course will benefit anyone who must deal effectively and professionally with employees and other industry stakeholders and has been designed to help participants understand ethics as it relates to the construction industry. Perfect for:
- Project managers
- Supervisors and Foremen
- New, developing, and aspiring leaders
Gold Seal Certification
Effective January 2017, this course is one of two (2) mandatory ethics courses required for application to the Gold Seal Certification program.
If you are planning on earning your GSC, you will be required to take an online Ethics course as well. Click here for more information and to register for the online course.
What will you learn?
You face ethical grey areas every day and this one-day course will give you the tools you need to respond effectively! Through practical, hands-on examples, you will learn the core principles of ethical behaviour and gain the skills to evaluate situations and make decisions using an ethical framework.
Designed to help you engage the principles of ethical practices in your real-world work, by the end of this course, you will be able to conduct and analyze a risk assessment, communicate about ethics with your team and spot and respond to unethical behavior appropriately.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Connect personal experiences to the core principles of ethical behaviour
- Explore how to be socially responsible, how to acquire social license, and learn the value of social responsibility
- Conduct a risk assessment and analyze its components
- Make decisions using an ethical framework
- Evaluate decisions from an ethical point of view
- Communicate about ethics with your team and external company contacts
- Identify unethical behavior and take appropriate action
Course fee includes: Lunch, digital certificate provided upon successful course completion, and course material provided by the instructor in-class.
Course format: One day of in-class instruction.
- How hard will the course be? It has been a few years since I attended a course.
- VICA's courses are designed for working professionals just like you! Our training programs are for your professional development, and focus on increasing your knowledge as well as helping you improve on-the-job skills. This is not a rigorous academic course.
- When do I get my course certificate?
- Course certificates are typically emailed to students up to 4 weeks after the course is completed.
*If you are a member of VRBA (Victoria Residential Builders Association), please call to receive our partner discount on your registration.
*If you are a VICA member, please remember to log in to the website to receive member pricing on your registration. VICA members save over 30% on their course registration fee!