Dean C. Slater, P. Eng., GSC
Dean is a Professional Engineer APEGA Life Member with 40 years’ experience in the construction and development industry. A past president of the Calgary Construction Association (CCA), his experience spans estimating and construction management as the General Contractor, Project Manager, and Project Owner’s representative / Vice-President. Dean has also held various executive level positions working in General Contracting, Development, and the Alberta Health Services (AHS) project management group. He has worked on significant Alberta construction projects including Calgary’s Petro-Canada (Suncor) Centre, the Olympic Saddledome, the Hyatt Hotel, Telus Convention Centre, SMART Technologies Building, major hospital expansions, and the South Health Campus. Since retiring in January 2018, Dean has embarked on a new role as a fundraising volunteer with Wellspring Calgary – a cancer support group. Dean was recognized in 2018 with CCA’s ‘Person of the Year’ award.
- CCDC 14 & 15: Managing the Uniqueness of Design Build
- CCDC 5A/5B: Construction Management Keys to Success | Live, ONLINE
- CCDC Contracts: Supplementaries & Non-Standard Clauses | LIVE, ONLINE Training
- Managing CCDC Contracts for Project Success | LIVE, ONLINE Training
- Proposal Pursuit: Strategies for Success | LIVE, ONLINE Training