British Columbia Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee Training (JHSC)
*Please Note: this course has been discontinued by VICA and is no longer available to purchase. See the course description for links to FREE JHSC training options.*
$225.99 excl. GST
No events to show
*Please Note: This course has been discontinued by VICA and is no longer available to purchase.
FREE JHSC training is available from the following sources:
- FREE, Self-Paced E-Learning (2 Hours): Joint Health and Safety Committee Fundamentals
- FREE, Webinar (90 Minutes): New Joint Committee Members #1 - Rules of Procedures and Meetings
- FREE, Webinar (90 Minutes): New Joint Committee Members #2 - Right to Refuse, Consultation & Making Recommendations
- FREE, Webinar (90 Minutes): New Joint Committee Members #3 - Inspections and Investigations
- FREE, Webinar (90 Minutes): New Joint Committee Members #4 - Committee Evaluations and Assessing Training Needs
By identifying problems and bringing them to your employer’s attention, committees provide workers with greater protection against work-related injury, illness, and death. This course will also help you and your employer to work together and view health and safety concerns from different viewpoints to make sure everything possible is done to protect workers
What Will You Learn?
By the end of the course, you will learn about:
- Internal Responsibility System
- British Colombia Health and Safety Law
- Joint Health and Safety Committee: roles and responsibilities, terms of reference, communication
- Health and Safety Hazards
- Hazard Identification and Control
- Workplace Inspections
- Incident Investigations: Incident trends and costs, responsibilities, investigation steps
- Self-paced e-learning course with video and interactive quizzes
- About 4 Hours of self-paced instruction
- Final Test: Your course completion certificate will not be released until you successfully complete the final test with an 80% passing grade. Three failed attempts on the final test will trigger a failed course. In order to continue you must repurchase the course and begin again.
- Internet connection is required.
- Device Compatibility: PC, Mac, most mobile browsers
- This course works best with the Google Chrome internet browser
- Course access is not immediate. Please plan for up to 24-48 hours before you gain course access.
- You will receive an email from our Training & Education Team within 24-48 hours with login information and instructions on how to access your course.
- If you have purchased your course on a weekend or holiday, we will email you your access information within 24-48 hours of the next regular business day.
No Refunds or Cancellations
Online course orders and purchases are a final sale. Once your sale or order is placed, we cannot provide a refund or cancel your purchase. Please ensure that you are purchasing the correct training before placing your order or making your purchase.
This course is offered through the Occupational Safety Group (OSG)* e-learning platform. *Formerly known as OLE (Online Learning Enterprises).