- Gold Seal Credits: 5
Construction Estimating | In-Person
Improve your knowledge of estimating! Gain the skills you need to accurately estimate projects and prepare a successful bid. Course topics include project analysis, risk analysis, bid strategies and processes, Construction Division Codes, as well as bonding, insurance and much more! Also available as a virtual course (See Construction Estimating | LIVE, ONLINE)
2 days (7.5 Hours daily)
Tim Williams, MBA, B.Econ., CPA, GSC, BGC Partners Inc., Mark Waters, CTech., GSC
$849.99 excl. GST
No events to show
Also available as a virtual course. See Construction Estimating | LIVE, ONLINE for upcoming dates.
Improve your knowledge of estimating! Gain the skills you need to accurately estimate projects and prepare a successful bid. Course topics include project analysis, risk analysis, bid strategies and processes, Construction Division Codes, as well as bonding, insurance and much more!
Please note: *2 Gold Seal credits awarded for attendance only; 5 credits awarded for both attendance and acceptable completion of optional homework assignment as outlined below.
What will you learn?
- By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Analyze projects and decide on which ones to bid
- Understand risk analysis and how to price this into a bid
- Do competitor analysis and understand how this impacts the bid
- Do client risk analysis and how to price this into bids
- Record material and other prices, and maintain contact lists
- Formulate a bid strategy
- Understand how to prepare an estimate and the estimating process
- Use Construction Division Codes
- Understand how to present a bid
- Be familiar with how to use the bid depository
- Understand the requirements for bonding and insurance
- Understand the post-bidding process
- Work with project managers to pass on knowledge of the bid
Who Should Attend?
Construction Estimating is designed for current construction estimators, as well as those with moderate construction industry experience who would like to learn more about the estimating process or want to be an estimator.
Optional Assignment (for additional Gold Seal credit):
An optional assignment will be available to complete after the in-class course for students seeking additional Gold Seal credits. This online component is administrated by the instructor and will be provided and explained to students by the instructor in-class. It will be based on the in-class material and may include some research, reading, and answering questions (7-8 hours) that will be marked by the instructor.
We recommend that students have some experience in a role assisting an estimator or experience working in a construction company and familiarity with estimating terminology and processes.
Those with less experience are welcome to attend but may find it hard to absorb and appreciate the material without prior experience or context.