- Gold Seal Credits: 1
- Licensed Residential Builder CPD Points: 6
Project Planning for Success | LIVE, ONLINE Training
This comprehensive course will teach you how to reduce costs, save time, improve quality, and reduce scope changes by creating an effective Construction Execution Plan (CEP) at the start of your project.
2 Days, 3 hours each day
Lee Kelly, M.A.A.T.O., P.GSC
$499.99 excl. GST
No events to show
Effective planning is critical in the overall success of any construction project, but focus is often directed at winning the work, followed by a rush to get started. Without taking adequate time to plan the work in advance, we put successful project outcomes at risk.
This course will teach you how to create a Construction Execution Plan (CEP) that communicates, in simple language, the sequence of events required to construct the project and to meet key milestones. Once complete, you can use your CEP as a tool or ‘road map’ to provide information to others about how the project will be managed and constructed.
What Will You Learn?
By the end of this course, you'll cover:
- Key elements of an efficient and organized Construction Execution Plan:
- understanding scope
- contractual requirements and budget
- assigning the best project team
- site logistics
- sequence of work
- project resources
- identifying risk and opportunity etc.
- How to create a Construction Execution plan that answers the following questions:
- What is the business need and what are the project objectives?
- Who will participate, when will they participate and what roles will they have?
- How will the project be contracted, sequenced, managed, and controlled?
- When will stage transitions and specific activities take place?
- What monitoring, control and governance criteria need to be applied?
- Are there any extraordinary initiatives that may be required which need to be planned and budgeted for?
Live, Online, Instructor-led training, with a maximum class size of 16 students.
- This course is facilitated by the instructor on the AdobeConnect platform. Access information from the instructor will be provided to you in advance of the training.
- You will be expected to have your webcam on during the whole class and participate in group discussions and other activities with your instructor and classmates during the course.
This course is delivered in partnership with local construction associations across western Canada and Ontario. You will be participating with a cohort of industry peers from throughout these regions.
Course Requirements (Technology & Participation)
This course requires full face-to-face interaction and participation from both the instructor and students. In order to attend, you’ll must make sure you have the following:
- Computer or laptop with webcam (webcams are mandatory): This course will involve 100% on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, you must have a webcam and use a full computer/laptop, and we do not permit students to attend using a tablet or cell phone.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions: Please plan to be fully engaged in the class, and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program.
We recommend that students have some experience in a project management role, or experience working in a construction company and familiarity with construction/project management language and processes.
Those with less experience are welcome to attend but may find it hard to absorb and appreciate the material without prior experience or context.
Course Credits Information
- Gold Seal Credits: 1 GSC Credit
- Licenced Residential Builders: 6 CPD Points, Informal*
- *Disclaimer: CPD Points may be subject to change by BC Housing. Always verify CPD points for yourself.
- BC Housing Education Portal: https://www.bccsa.ca/index.php?id=119
- BC Housing Licensing & Consumer Services: https://www.bchousing.org/licensing-consumer-services/builder-licensing/