On-Site and AON: Top 40 Canadian Contractors Report
On-Site and AON Risk Solutions Canada partnered to bring the Canadian construction industry the recently released Top 40 Contractors Report. VICA members Flynn Group of Companies, PCL Constructors Inc., and Ledcor Construction Ltd. are 3 out of 40 canadian contractors that made the list.
* The list is based on written responses to research conducted by On-Site as well as publically available data; this includes 2017 revenue and organizational details provided by the respective contractors.
Key takeaways from the June 1018 report:
- An overwhelming majority of contractors projected growth or no change in ALL 23 of the business areas they measured: bridges, commercial buildings, mining-related construction, sewage engineering construction, design/build, demolition, electric power/utilities, roadbuilding, etc.
- Approximately 60,000 Canadians employed by the 2017 Top 40 Contractors
- 68% of contractors expect the market for commercial buildings to grow in 2018
- 57% of contractors anticipate an increase in roadbuilding
- The 2017 Top 40 Contractors accounted for more than $40 billion in revenue
Inside the report, there are also the following articles:
- Innovation: Shedding the Old Paradigms
- Acadian Construction Looks to Corner the Market in Atlantic Canada
- Top 5 Under 50 Employees
Read the report here: http://www.vicabc.ca/media/ONSITE_TOPCONTRACTORREPORT-2018.pdf
NIC Plumbing apprentice urges women to explore the trades
October 31: A Spirited Time for the Construction Industry
Suicide the second leading cause of death in the construction industry
A fresh face for the Vancouver Island Construction Association Board of Directors
Legislation better protects temporary foreign workers from exploitation
VICA Members Volunteer Time & Supplies for HeroWork's latest "Radical Renovation"
GVHA and City of Victoria begin work on Ship Point repair project
Kwispaa LNG, co-managed by Steelhead LNG and Huu-ay-aht First Nation, files project description
Adding computational power to construction sites
Two more Canadian LNG projects inching towards construction
Provisional safeguard measures: a blow to the construction industry
WorkSafeBC raising awareness about impairment in the workplace
Building Links celebrates 25 years and new ownership!
Another Brick In Nepal (ABIN) continues work on Sharada School in Aapchaur
Canada's fist large-scale LNG export facility gets green light by joint venture participants
Kinetic & EllisDon announce joint venture for UVIC's New Student Housing & Dining Facility
Herold Engineering Ltd. announces four new Principals
Indigenous students continue to gain meaningful employment through marine industry partnerships
Women in Construction: Facing a shortage of skilled labourers, this CEO embraces a different approach to hiring
Speculation Tax: Local leaders tell province to let them decide
VICA Members: 25% off at Mark's Work Wearhouse Thursday, September 20th
Port Alberni Awards Largest Construction Contract in Municipal History
BECOME A MEMBER TODAY!
The construction industry is a dynamic and exciting realm that faces both unique challenges and extraordinary opportunities. By joining VICA, you not only build your business, but you also build up the industry you're proud to be a part of.JOIN NOW