This is the most attended course presented by Canadian Construction Institute Inc., in conjunction with Canadian Construction Association’s “Gold Seal” Accreditation Program.
The Project Planning & Cost Control course is designed to provide owners, managers, estimators, and field personnel with a general knowledge of the process of planning and controlling a project from beginning to end utilizing ways and means of monitoring, saving and controlling costs. We have had over 4000 construction companies in Western Canada who have attended and they have provided excellent cost saving methods from previous courses we will share in this course.
Brief summary of course includes:
- Understanding the impact and methodology of construction cost control. Ways and means of minimizing and controlling costs on site.
- Project cost forecasting and accounting functions on site.
- Project planning and its purpose and effect on project cost control.
- How to communicate & assist management re: cost methods and control. Gain additional insight into the process of work and cost analysis.
- Cost reporting systems - new technology in monitoring costs and reports. Understanding the effect improper field reporting has on cost control.
- Maintaining and managing documents, material, tools and equipment.
- Understanding the Contract process from bidding to project close-out.
- Review of 100 companies and their methods in controlling & saving costs.
Should it become necessary to cancel your participation in this course, you MUST contact, VICA, [email protected], or 250-388-6471, five (5) business days prior to start date for a full refund.